1985 Mondial QV Coupe | FerrariChat

1985 Mondial QV Coupe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sidtx, Jan 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    #1 sidtx, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All

New member here, and just purchased my first Ferrari.

A 1985 Mondial QV Coupe. Blu Sera with Beige interior.

Car is in transport to me now. It was picked up in California on Thursday. I should receive it early next week. I'm anxiously counting the minutes until delivery.

Here's a couple of pics, one from the dealer when I looked at it, and one of the car being loaded in the truck - on it's way to it's new home in Plano, Texas.

Once here, I'll post more pics.

Sid

P.S - Other cars in my garage:
    1967 VW Karmann Ghia Convertible
    1974 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe (currently undergoing a complete restoration)
    1985 Mercedes W123 300 Turbo Diesel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats and welcome Sid! That's a nice Mondial. Where in CA did it Come from?

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Very nice car Sid be sure to post more pic's when you get her home and .....
    Enjoy the drive ;)

4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Hi.

thanks for the nice words.

The previous owner actually lived in Nevada. I bought it from a consignment dealer in the Sacramento area.

What's really interesting (to me anyway), is that the car is originally a Texas car. The Texas flag (next to the tail lights), is a dealer emblem from a Dallas/Fort Worth area dealer (Classic).

I feel like I'm bringing her back home (I live in the DFW area)! Can't wait for the transport to arrive!

This is my first Ferrari. Although, you can see by the other cars in my previous post, that we are a car family. The 85 W123 is my wife's toy. The 2 KGs are mine. I have a 27 YO son (certified ASE Mechanic) that has an 85 Saab 900 Turbo. Lots of fun!

I'm currently waiting anxiously, with camera in hand, for the transport truck to arrive! I'll post pics as soon as she shows up!

Sid