Hi all! I'm ready to take the plunge. | FerrariChat

Hi all! I'm ready to take the plunge.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jyrine, Feb 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jyrine

jyrine Rookie

Feb 17, 2015
    US
    Hi all, this is my first post and since I'm ready to join the Ferrari family, I figured it was time to jump on board (get it, message board?....) and ask those who know more then I for guidance in having the best Ferrari ownership possible.

I've narrowed down my personal preference (and financial capacity) to two different models.
    A 550 Maranello or a 360 Modena.

This is where I differ from some, I'm not concerned with miles whatsoever.
    My only requirements are interior color, transmission type, and price.

I'm only interested in tan or black interiors.
    Transmission I really only wanted a gated manual, unless its a late model 360 F1.
    and price I'm trying to stay under $60,000.
    Everything else goes.

The reason I'm not concerned with miles is I'm not looking for a garage queen, I plan to use this as a secondary to my daily driver, basically as long as its not raining out, this is going to be the daily, but since I live in WA, that doesn't mean as much. lol.

I'm found two cars (one of which sold before I could even contact the dealership) on Dupont which fit my bill.
    The 360: 2001 Ferrari 360 F1 For Sale - 957831 - duPont REGISTRY
    The (sold) 550: 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello For Sale - 1073953 - duPont REGISTRY

In the long run I think I'd be happier with a 360, but that's where I'm looking to this great community for advise.
    I was going to post a wanted ad but it said I didn't have permission, so I assume that's because I needed to post here first.
    So does anyone have any input on how to best go about owning my dream car?

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat ;) If you scroll down the main board you will find a 360 section and also one for the 550. You may want to also post something in the WA regional area, an F chat member might give you a ride, or even have one to sell.
    Enjoy the drive

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I second this advice. Spend time here, lots of knowledgeable people that will guide you in the right direction. It will take time to find a great car, but as you will read in threads with first time owners, you will probably think it was worth the wait! And after owning one, there's no going back :)