17 Yr. Old New Member | FerrariChat

17 Yr. Old New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by blakeb, Apr 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    Hi guys, I'm about to go off to college for 8 years to double major in accounting and biology my first four years and go off to pharmaceutical school the next four. I just recently came across these forums and the community seems so delightful. There are definitely some wackos on here to though, which is entertaining. ;). My goal through college is to get my credit score up as high as possible, preferably 850 ;). I know I can achieve this. The end goal is to be able to pay 0% financing on a ferrari from a dealership and to also be able to have great credit for getting a house. I know my dreams will come true :). Pharmacy pays 100k a year and if I'm single I can definately afford a ferrari. I am fascinated by all ferraris. All of you rich old men I am so jealous of. Literally I didn't know there were so many of you, just ready to buy ferraris in the ferrari subsection if you like the look of it. One day I will become like you. ;).

2. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    (1) Work on your tact (we don't like being called wackos or rich old men). (2) Jealousy is not a good thing. (3) Making $100k a year and getting into massive debt to buy a depreciating asset is not a good idea.

3. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai

Blake, young guy here as well (27). You do not have to be old to live your dreams. Money is the only man made renewable resource on this planet. A large portion of this forum is pretty well educated and very successful so lets try and get you on the right path.

1) Two bachelors degrees are useless. Find a uni that offers a bachelors in conjunction with masters program. IE you graduate at the same time with both degrees. Usually shaves a solid year off-18months.

2) Pharmacology? If you want Ferraris you don't want to be working in anything other than what your passions are. Don't follow a path just because it pays a little higher than average. Chase your passions.

3) 0% financing doesn't exist. 1.99% through Ferrari Financial is the best I ever received. Also a 2010 buy right after the market crashed though.

4) You mention making 100K a year. Don't focus on annual salary. Focus on building your portfolio and residual income. People buying Ferraris typically aren't hourly/salary workers. There are quite a few serial entrepreneurs on this forum. That 300K on a car is great and you'll enjoy the hell out of it.... 40 years from then though that 300K is 2-5M in your retirement account.

5) Your credit score doesn't mean two *****s. Your credit history is everything. My scores are in the low 710-720s. I can finance anything I want at a rate I want as I can show large amounts of debt being appropriately handled and utilized properly.

Hope this helps a tad.

4. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    +612

5. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    #5 blakeb, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Hey man thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I should be able to double major at my college and they said it would take exactly four years, the same amount of time for both degrees if I balance it right. Does this seem abnormal or incorrect? I don't know much..

6. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    First, my posting was of caper image. Caper means jokingly meant to be appropriated. Loz, is this short for the lozenges you pop, to deal with your stress? I see where the name comes from. Your antiphon revealed that you are very belabor and glum with life at the occasion. It insinuated that you desired to haul it out on someone consequent to your reply. Passive aggressive? Maybe, but I do acquit you as that's the conscientious thing to do. In contrast to what I've stated, I give thanks for the valuable part about the depreciating assets.

7. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
  8. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    You're not getting off to a very good start here, young man.

9. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This guy must be a troll? At 17 I didn't act like this...

If not a troll, then continue to aim for your dreams but keep some humility.

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm neither rich nor old, so I guess I'm a wacko.

:(

11. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    #11 Voda, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    No doubt a troll, and if he isn't, he should be

"delightful", really? Who the hell talks like that?

Looks like you might be their leader

Really? That's your goal? hmmm

Is this a joke???

Again the with the wording, and this is so out of touch.

And all the emoticon smiley faces? 4 in one post and another in the title. Please.

"radiant"? Someone figured out how to right click the thesaurus function. How "delightful."

12. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Definitely a whacko... but you're old too. :p

13. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    This was fun. I wonder if he went back under his bridge ��

14. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    I am not rich, but getting old(er) and trying my best to become a wacko.

But I don't need anyone to point it out. :(

15. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Might want to learn about your own schools. "Pharmaceutical school" is a school where one learns to formulate medicines at the chemical level. This is primarily a biochemistry degree.

Pharmacy school is where one goes to become a pharmacist.

16. Rodmar

Rodmar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    South Dakota
    Well I guess I'll never afford new on my 40k a year salary haha.

17. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm young, not rich, have the "Subaru Justy" of Ferrari's in my stable, enjoy the sport, lifestyle, happenings with these cars and then some, but man, if I spoke like this at 17, my Dad would've smacked me in the back of my head to remind me of my manners...

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He lost me at the "zero percent financing at the dealer" part...:D :D

Cheers to the thought, though.

19. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If I get a 900 score they pay me to borrow money.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    What is this Credit Score thing, you speak of??
    :D :D :D

21. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    Wanting to own a Ferrari is a legitimate goal, but I think you need some advice.

First, retail pharmacists make 100 grand for sure (or more), but it is kind of a dead end job. At 50, you will still be working weekends and making not much more than when you started. No room for entrepreneurship anymore since the industry is dominated by big chains.

Second, major in something quantitative. And do well in those courses. Take organic chemisty, take differential equations, take computer science classes. Take the premed track and get all A's. Prove to employers that you are smart and willing to work hard.

Third, learn to appreciate things without having to own them. Go to the US Grand Prix, go to Cavallino, go to Pebble Beach, go to vintage races. Soak it all in. These experiences can be better than owning a Ferrari. I own a Ferrari, but going to these events (I have been to all) is priceless, and a lot cheaper than buying and maintaining the Fcar.

In addition to taking all these tough college courses, learn to relate to people face to face and sell yourself. Two of the most valuable experiences I ever had were my summer jobs waiting tables and my job selling used cars.

Delay the Ferrari purchase for another decade or two.

Good luck
    Scott

22. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    Great advice, most of what I've said has been to troll throughout the thread because I was bored, but thanks for taking the time to type that up :). Selling used cars seems like a hard job especially for someone my age, mad respect. What is your current job?

My credit score will be over 9000 @Bigtex BUT it wont be over your immense post count.

23. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks for the advice lol

24. blakeb

blakeb Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    No I only go back under my bridge after I have enough $ to purchase a ferrari.

25. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You seem to have a very low opinion of Ferrari owners, so why are you on a Ferrari enthusiast website?

Regards,
    Andrew.