New member | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mdb123, Jul 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdb123

mdb123 Karting

Jul 6, 2015
    Hi all, long time lurker, new member. I'm close to buying my first Ferrari. I live in Sarasota Florida and the nearest authorized dealer is over an hour away in Tampa. That concerns me. There is a local mechanic that claims to be an expert in Ferrari repairs here: Home Page

I'm wondering if any members here have experience with this place. Good, bad or indifferent.

Lastly, the car I'm considering is: http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=371971619

Miles are high, but price/model/style/color are what I'm looking for. Should the high miles be a major concern? Given the miles, is there a big service interval for this vehicle around the corner?

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Welcome!

I am a new Mondial owner in Central Fla near Inverness, Citrus County.

I don't know about the shop you asked about.

Good luck and if you get your car, drive up to the Nature Coast and we will meet up.
    Alden

3. mdb123

mdb123 Karting

Jul 6, 2015
    Thanks Alden. Congrats on your Mondial. I sure hope someone can let me know about this Sarasota Ferrari mechanic.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat, on the home page scroll down to regional areas ....
    Florida is there and click on it.
    Members who hang out there will be more than helpful directing you to a good service center. You can post your location and ask a general question for a mechanic/shop in your area. The car will thrill you, enjoy the drive :)

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    High miles are not an issue if you have access to all service records, at 44 K most known issues should have been addressed. A PPI, prepurchase inspection is always a good thing, a clean Carfax, bad one can sometimes raise a red flag or two, and those service records mentioned are a good place to start.

6. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Welcome to F-Chat, mdb!!!