BELTS CHANGE ON FERARI 360 | FerrariChat

BELTS CHANGE ON FERARI 360

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Papo, Sep 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Papo

Papo Rookie

Aug 30, 2015
    Hi, Guys!
    I just bought my 1st Ferrari 2002 Modena 360 w/27K miles. I have read a lot of belt change opinions: when, Kevlar type, miles to change them, how expensive is and I'm afraid & confused. Some say that is easy others that is a special work for an expert mechanic with the right tools, etc, etc!

I spend lot of hrs in the Web to find a video on how easy or complicated is to change the belts in the 360 w/o success. With all the tech available, somebody should take time to make a video on how to complete this work and sell it!! I'll bet that many Ferrari Owners & mechanics will buy it and be grateful at the same time...don't you Guys agree?

The more mechanics with the knowledge on how to change belts the cost should be lower!

Saludos!

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I see what you are trying to say... and I encourage people to know their car, but.. but..

If you screw up a belt job your entire engine is toast. I don't care if someone works on their car in their garage and improperly installs a belt and the car blows. It's their car. I'll just shake my head and chuckle to myself.. "now instead of a $1500-3000 belt job you've got a $10,000+ repair". It's not a technically difficult job, but it's a job you want done right the first time. I know who I trust to replace my belts. My mechanic. And I pay the money to have it done right and not worry about it. Even with a video available I still want him to do it. FYI the repair manual is free on ferraridatabase.com. Again, yet I still want Karl to replace it (he has a 1 year warranty btw).

Now if you sell your car and you've done the belt last week and did a great job.. I still wouldn't trust you and want it done by someone who has credentials. Sorry.. but it is that important.

If a belt change is too expensive every 5 years you probably shouldn't be owning the car. $1500-2300 every 5 years for a properly running car is chump change.

3. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree with Curt. I just had my belts changed at a cost of $1,500. I did notice that they did not change the belt tensioners. Is this normal and if so, how often do they need changing?