Trying (my darnedest) to join the ranks | FerrariChat

Trying (my darnedest) to join the ranks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AOE, Oct 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AOE

AOE Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Hi all,
    Actively pursuing Ferrari ownership. Had a couple of deals fall through but won't get into that. I've moderated forums in the past but still easy to forget the wealth of knowledge that accumulates in well-participated forums like this one. I've already learned a lot very quickly from you all.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks.

Hope to post some pics of my new acquisition soon.

Cheers!

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat, yes lots of knowledge in here.
    Curious which model you have your eyes on ?

3. AOE

AOE Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Thank you. I'm very serious in finding a flying mirror, a 512 TR, and an early 308 GTB. Despite being tempted to pull the trigger quickly, I'm glad I've been patient in attempting to find the most suitable one for my needs. Once I make more room, I'll also eventually be on the hunt for a 430 scuderia/16m.

4. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Stick with it. The right car is out there, and it's worth waiting until you find exactly the one for you.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

5. AOE

AOE Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Cheers, Rosso. Have definitely learned that lesson early on. Thank you.

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Welcome! I a member of another marque forum and the knowledge and willingness to help other owners to be found here and there is awesome.

I was a member here for five years, reading everything I could, before I finally found the right F car for me.

The only thing to remember, and part of my decision to buy now, is the increasing prices of the classic F cars. They say you can't pay too much, you can just buy too soon, or something like that.

Waiting too long for a car you don't have to put a lot of money into can turn into regret a few years down the road when you realize that the car you could have bought and brought up to standards is going for two or three times what you could have bought it for in the not too distant past.

Buy the best one you can afford and drive it like Enzo intended, soon!
    Alden

7. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Welcome aboard!

8. AOE

AOE Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Thank you and cheers! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the board. I suspect the vast majority, if not all of us, here has much to be thankful for this year.

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, be patient but be ready as well.

My first two Ferraris took a few years to find because I wanted something specific. The third car just appeared before me. :)