2006 F430 questions | FerrariChat

2006 F430 questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 3cats, Jan 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3cats

3cats Rookie

Jan 1, 2016
    Hi, just bought a F430 and read through all the manuals and have some general newbie questions that I haven't been able to find an answer for.
    What is the red light that flashes continuously on the Ferrari radio? I'm not talking about the alarm red light on the mode/set panel.
    Also when I open and close the driver's side door some kind of electric pump runs, what is that?

Thank you for your help,

Scott.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You'll probably find the answers somewhere in the 360/430 section lower down

My recollection is the pump is pressurising the F1 hydraulic system

The radio's flashing red light I think is when the car is off and is part of its anti-theft system

3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes to both.

4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    430 Tips: Manual glove box release loop below dash right, trunk release loop below dash left of steering wheel.

5. 3cats

3cats Rookie

Jan 1, 2016
    Thanks for everyone's reply.
    How do I know if the car has headlight washers or is that an option? It has the cutouts on the fender and markings on the lever inside but if standard they apparently don't work. The car only has 7272 miles on it.
    Also, where can I get a replacement cartridge for the fix N go system? I went to the website and it seems they ship everywhere but the US. Or should I just ditch this for a can of fix a flat?

Thanks again,

Scott