Hopefully Soon to Be 360 Owner | FerrariChat

Hopefully Soon to Be 360 Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Holyfenix, Mar 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Holyfenix

Holyfenix Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. As far as I can tell this is the place to be for Ferrari owners or future owners.

A little about me. I will be 26 coming up in April. I currently work as an Estimator and Project Manager for my father's Sub-contracting business in the Sacramento Area. I've been here since day one 5 years ago when he asked me to help him start his own business. It was definitely a rough first couple years getting started but for the past two including this year so far business has been outstanding. On top of that my fiance and have partial stake in some real estate in the bay area and will be collecting rent from that in the very near future. I took some classes in college and also have a "degree" in Auto Mechanics. My Fiance is going to school to be a Nurse Anesthetist and we had our first (and if all goes according to plan, ONLY) daughter this past December. Financially we feel next year will be a good time to buy a used Ferrari 360. I always told myself I would be able to afford and own an exotic/supercar by the time I was 30 and right now its looking like that will become a reality.

Enough about the boring stuff though (except my daughter, she's great). As far as cars go I would easily say I am an enthusiast of all cars (except VW, not Audi or Lambo but specifically VW). I like USDM, JDM, Euro including German, Italian, British. I even like that weird Mexican Mestretta MXT. Personally I've owned 3000GT VR4's and a 2014 Mustang GT, that I got rid of because it just wasn't what I really wanted. I wanted something truly special. Only a couple marques really produce something like that. Personally to me in the realm of which I could afford that is Aston Martin, Ferrari, and stretched a little tighter than I would prefer, Lamborghini. So between Ferrari and Aston it was an easy choice.

So here I am almost feeling like I did back in High school drooling over 360 Modena's, except now I can actually get one. The only thing I have to wait for is my Fiance wants to furnish our new house and then save up a 20% down payment and then I can start looking. Yes I will be financing the car. This puts me as seriously purchasing one starting late summer 2017. Is it the wisest financial decision? Probably not, but as I said I absolutely love cars and I would rather get one now then wait until I'm 40. When the time comes I will be looking for preferably a Tour-de-France blue with tan daytona seats and an F1 Transmission or a Rosso Corsa Red, same interior color and transmission. Coupes only. Year doesn't matter. Preferably under $90k. I also don't want a garage queen with no miles. I want one that someone cared for but cared for enough to actually drive it. Between 20-40k miles, that was serviced on time and has all updates to it. It would also have to of recently had its major engine service and over 50% clutch and Brakes, unless the price was right to reflect that not being done. I would plan to drive the car around 2-3000 miles a year and keep it long term.

The only thing that might change that is there is a 360 for sale here in Sac that is going super cheap. Of course its a salvage title, but that loss in value doesn't bug me as I will be getting the car to drive and enjoy. If anyone has any information on this car it will be appreciated. Craigslist link below.

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena F1 Transmission, 27k miles, Runs Great !

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat ;)
    Wise financial decision, probably not but I knew that going in to it.
    I also know that every mile I drive it may or does take $1 (maybe $2 ) off the resale value.
    Do I care ? Nope, and I get a thrill every time I drive it.
    The link to the car has been deleted.
    Most financial institutions may not finance a salvage title also.
    Good luck, so buy one, drive it and enjoy yourself.

3. Holyfenix

Holyfenix Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks Enzo
    Exactly why I want to buy it, to enjoy driving it. Resale doesn't really concern me as much as getting a well running car at a reasonable price. Something I can drive 100 miles if I want to go on a cruise.

That car hasn't popped back up so I think it may have sold. Probably for the best.

4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Welcome to fchat!

It's a sign that it wasn't your time for the Ferrari yet. When the time comes things will align.