Looking for first Ferrari | FerrariChat

Looking for first Ferrari

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrMarky, Apr 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrMarky

MrMarky Rookie

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and have joined as am considering purchasing a Ferrari. Hope the forum will provide me great tips/advice. My first question is, which is the most useable, least costly Ferrari to go for? 360 seems to be the way to go?
    Thanks.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Spend some time reading the sections here - as with everything else some of it depends on your budget but also on what actually floats your boat (give us a hint)

You might have a £ 200 000 but fancy a Mondial which costs much less for instance

Good value currently are the 360 & 575 both with F1 - slightly more modern (but not much more expensive) are the 430 & 599 - in each case V8 & V12

For something slightly older a nice 328 (or 308) might suit

Read / learn / select / drive / inspect / enjoy

3. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    It all depends on what you want. I just bought a California T. I love it. I like that its not too loud (looks and engine). My wife would not ride in a Ferrari if it looked too much like a race car, and she wont ride in it if the engine is too loud.

I think the biggest trick to buying a Ferrari is to learn what they are actually worth. Dealer will ask $239K USD. Might sell for $220K.

I also found many cars that I liked. So don't get attached to one.

I wanted new technology. I love the new turbo engine. The car is so fast, and fun to drive. The sound is just perfect. I also have a convertible and coup.

Did I mention I love my new car.

Don't forget taxes, insurance and license tabs. My tabs were over $2K. Insurance is $3.8K for 9 months. Taxes are what taxes are...

Good luck finding the right car.