New member saying hi! | FerrariChat

New member saying hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gunhero, Jul 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gunhero

gunhero Rookie

Jul 3, 2016
    Hello fellow Ferrari fans!

Ever since I was a little kid and played Outrun in the arcades I had a dream to one day own a Ferrari.
    These days I am 36 years old, have 2 kids and work in the video games industry. I am by no means a rich guy but with some older models becoming more affordable I think that it should be possible for me to own a Ferrari in the very near future. :)

I live in Sweden so driving will be fairly limited to around 5-6 months every year, but it still feels worth it to me, because every-time I see a Ferrari it just puts an incredible grin to my face and no other automobile does that to me. :)

I also wanted to get some input on my plan to get one, here it goes:

Buy a used Modena or F430 for 90000 USD (Looking for low mileage, super mint condition)

Pay 20% of the price cash, borrow the rest from the bank. (Getting a good deal because I have good credit and a house mortgage in the same bank)

Have around 6000 saved up each year for repairs

And then every 2-3 years, sell the car and upgrade to a new model I can afford. I guess 456 Italia next. :)

I am not really a garage guy, but I will be driving the car a lot, and probably take it to a track once in a while. :)

What do you guys think, is this a sane plan?

Cheers!

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    seems pretty sane to me. a 360 or 430 both are great cars . THe 360 is obviously a little cheaper to buy yet the 430 is less expensive to maintain due to the elimination of the timing belt. THere are plenty of great examples of each on the market and are very nice looking and driving.
    welcome to Ferrari Chat and best of luck in achieving your ferrari dream.... ..