Hi All, First Time/Long time | FerrariChat

Hi All, First Time/Long time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jago, Jul 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jago

jago Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    NY/Long Island
    Full Name:
    John A
    hi everyone!
    i have actually been a member since 2012 , occasionally lurking and liking, recently more often, and this is my first actual post. been a 993 owner since the early '00s,
    now on my second of two targas, and at this time considering moving on to an F-car
    either on a trade up or just to add as another collectible car.
    still have quite a bit to learn about the nuances, but in my sub 100 budget i think there are still good opportunities to pick up cars with appreciation potential.
    just want to let you guys and gals know when i say that i am not looking just to make a quick buck as a newcomer but really want to avoid a depreciating asset at this time of my life lol. hope to be on the long term ownership plan.
    i have been intrigued by the dino 308 gt4 recalling it from my teen years but see cars of that age as showpieces rather than reliable drivers. on a more practical level also studying up on the f355 as a candidate. i'd rather put a cupl thou miles per year on a car rather than sit it.
    well cheers to all and hope i can contribute something. ive already been helped just by reading. thanks john.

2. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Welcome & congrats on your first post, jago... now get yer ass in gear so you can catch up with Pap! :D

3. jago

jago Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    NY/Long Island
    Full Name:
    John A
    thanks for the greet @desertdawg
    only 80 thou to go!
    hey I like your sig but
    wasn't that Felix Unger ? lol

4. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior