Saying g'day! | FerrariChat

Saying g'day!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ThatAussieGuy, Oct 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThatAussieGuy

ThatAussieGuy Karting

Oct 5, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    Hi Ferrarichat!

I wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Michael and I'm 22 originally from Sydney, Australia. For work I invest in various things, real estate, mortgages and films. I am now living in the beautiful US down in sunny (and hot!) Orlando, FL. I just purchased my first Ferrari, an F430 Spider from Lake Forest Sportscars in Chicago. I take delivery of my F430 in this next week hopefully as everything has been pushed back from the hurricane..

I have a few general questions too which I would love some answers to, too. :)

Are there any general comments on what it is like to own a Ferrari? Good and bad? Things to be aware of, especially considering this is going to be my daily driver and I intend to do 15k miles on it this year, maybe more.

In Australia I had my Porsche Cayman S stolen by armed robbers...so I'm wondering if safety is ever a concern?

Thanks so much for having me here and I hope to be a part of this community. I am intending on being active with the Ferrari clubs. What clubs should I be joining down here in Orlando and Florida to meet everybody?

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Hi Michael,
    Post in the Florida regional section and ask where a Cars and Coffee is going on close to you. These are usually weekly events with a few F car owners in attendance.
    Enjoy the car and welcome aboard.