I think I'm buying a new car?? | FerrariChat

I think I'm buying a new car??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nkhalid, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nkhalid

nkhalid Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    Hi all.. just advice really.. put deposit on 488 from local dealer 18months ago.. since then got a call for a preliminary spec in Jan 2016 so I pitched up and signed the paperwork .. order form said august 2016 delivery .. got a call in June saying production delays and delayed till march 2017.. few weeks ago.. went in again and signed similar paperwork and told spec had gone to the factory and they'd received it.. and paperwork says march 2017 delivery.. and they mentioned something about being able to watch it being built online.. this is all new to me because normally when I get a new car.. it arrives pretty much bang on time and there is never all this faff with delays and resigning paperwork.. I'd forgotten about it but each time they contact me I'm getting a bit excited about the prospect of picking up my first Ferrari.. it's quite a decent spec with about 55k of options.. my question is what's the chronology from signing paperwork to receiving the car.. I've seen stuff online about red 10/30 codes which I have no idea what that is.. all I've been told is that the order is with the factory .. I have an order sheet and they tell me they'll see me in march 2017 to hand the car over.. barring another production delay...... in anticipation thanks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The dealer probably did not activate your order till recently once the factory has accepted it thing start to move .. the codes are a production series . It goes from green 10 means the factory has it to red 10 means no changes and that it is readyfor production . If you search you. Should be able to find the codes. Or perhaps someone will. Post the link.
    Regarding watching it . The Ferrari website has a owners section that you can sign into using your email . And it will have your car and specs on it then you will get a totAl of 2 or three production picture s pretty cool.
    Also you can cut about six weeks off if you have the car flown to the USA ..it cast about 10k extra.
    In any case the waiting is worth it and good luck when you get ..keep us posted on your new car..