My life is ready | FerrariChat

My life is ready

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by built2grind, Nov 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Hello Ferrari Chat community! Well, I figured I would do things right and join this wonderful forum to get as much knowledge I can before my life changing purchase. Like most Ferrari enthusiasts I was bit by the bug at a very young age. I remember as kid, in the early 80's laying on the floor while my dad watch Magnum PI, never really watching the show but waiting for that RED Ferrari to appear. I believe I was 8 years old when I get bit by the Ferrari bug. Ever since then I've dreamed of owning one. Well, my life is finally ready for that 35 year dream of mine to be filled. My daughter has finished college, got married, and has started her life, my son is enrolled in the fire academy, and on the right track. My wife is at her happiest, my career can afford it and most of all, I have the garage space! Now I know, it sounds like a mid-life thing, but HEY! isn't that when we can actually afford to do those things associated with mid-life purchases??? But I promise, its not a MID LIFE THING !!

I know I want the iconic Ferrari 308 GTS in RED with Tan leather but unsure of what year to focus on. I've read almost every post on this forum about buyers guide, and related topics as well as maintenance issues. If any one would like to chime in and give their advice I'm open to all. Thankyou to anyone who took the time to read about "our" dream we share in my words. I look forward to the future friends I will have while being a Ferrari owner.

ANDREW

2. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Welcome! As you know there are numerous threads on 308's and maintenance as well as 328 vs 308. Enjoy the ride!

3. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Thankyou for the warm welcome! My search continues as I have picked up a lot of very useful information here on FC and are narrowing the search for the right car. 2017 is the year, stay tuned. I can't wait to finally post pictures of the car of my dreams.......... ANDY

4. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A couple months late but welcome to the forum and congrats on the 308 purchase! Nice to see another Monterey peninsula local here on Fchat

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I am partial to the 83QV to 89-328 series because the earlier ones are either too hard to deal with smog or not really enough power for fun. Good luck. Your heart will tell you which is right for you.