Advice on F550 Options | FerrariChat

Advice on F550 Options

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MontpellierVanMan, Dec 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MontpellierVanMan

Dec 10, 2016
    Montpellier, France
    Full Name:
    Rory
    Hello and thanks for letting me in under the gate. British, living in France for the open and empty roads with fewer policemen ............ terms and conditions may apply.

Please can someone point me towards what variants and options were available to F550 buyers, and which are considered irrelevant and which are important ?

I understand there seem to be part-leather or full-leather interiors, I've come across a "Cartier" leather option, allegedly anyway ; are the embossed headrests an option ?

Some cars have ceramic wing logos (?), others with different coloured calipers ?

Was the Fiorano handling package an option ?

That sort of stuff. Looking to buy, use, and keep ; but not always sure what I'm looking at in the ads.

Much appreciated.

2. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I think that, in general, all 550s are mechanically the same and that the few options are cosmetic in nature. Buy the car that is in the best condition possible for your budget and with whichever options appeal the most to you (color, interior color, seat style, shields or not, leather interior accents, carbon fiber bits, caliper color, etc).

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Fiorano kit had suspension tuning (stiffer anti-roll bars) and special brake pads IIRC. The standard 550 is well judged though, so that's not a mandatory option; the standard 575M was considerably softened which made modifications more needed (I had a fully standard 550 and then a 575; on the 575 I installed the HGTC suspension kit - which was going a step further than the Fiorano kit - as well as upgraded Brembo brake kits).