Ebay 430 | FerrariChat

Ebay 430

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flyingbrick242, Feb 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been a car guy my whole life and always had a passion for Ferrari's....and think its time to get serious...

I have my eye on this Ebay 430..it has my attention but also my concerns...He has a buy it now price for 88K which doing my homework seems quite cheap in comparison...
    I see it had many owners and a minor accident reported...what is the professional opinion out there...Thanks in Advance...

2006 Ferrari 430 carbon

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would post this in the 430 section

3. bruceeboy

bruceeboy Rookie

Jan 2, 2010
    Hilton Head, SC
    Full Name:
    Bruce Cochran
    Nice looking car. I see he's reposted and dropped the price, suggesting he would probably take a reasonable lower offer still. I purchased an '06 F430 spider on eBay. Same as you I was watching one in particular, repeat listed, but no bids. I decided to put in what I thought was a low-ball bid, planning to let the auction expire and then contact the dealer later to say I was interested, wanted to see it, etc. Low and behold, someone starts bidding against me, but not exceeding my bid and still way below the reserve price. At the last minute, the dealer dropped the reserve price and I had a Ferrari.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, however, after the euphoria of being a Ferrari owner wore off, I began to see minor issues with the exterior that you really couldn't see in the photos. Bottom line - there's no substitute for actually seeing the car in person. If you can't travel to see the car, there are several mobile pre-sale inspection firms that will at least do a visual inspection for you. I also would have arranged a pre-purchase inspection at a Ferrari dealer if I was negotiating (vs. winning an eBay auction). On the plus side it seems manual transmission F430s are commanding a premium, so if everything else is good, it might be a smart investment.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I hate it when they post "manual" transmission, and then the picture clearly shows a F1.

5. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    With those miles and the accident the price should be $75K max.