"Dr. Livingston I presume"- - - John Heim I presume" | FerrariChat

"Dr. Livingston I presume"- - - John Heim I presume"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FERRARIDOUG355, May 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FERRARIDOUG355

Feb 15, 2009
    CALIFORNIA
    Full Name:
    DOUGLAS C. DANIELS
    "Dr Livingston, I presume"- - -"John Heim, I presume"

I live in a remote part of California so I am a bit out of "the loop". John Heim has maintained my last 3 Ferrari's and I never had a problem. I last saw him 2 years ago @ Sf Motorsports when he serviced my car.
    I brought my car back there for a service and John was not there so I incorrectly assumed he was out temporarily. Later, I found he was no longer there. I paid $8,200 for my tune up and left for home. I attended a Cars and Coffee event, but smelled gas. I incorrectly assumed it was one other cars especially the hot rods which always seem to have some odor about them. The same thing happened a few weeks later at a Euro-Sunday Charity event.
    In March, I took my car in to get smog checked and I was shocked when it failed smog twice. I had a local mechanic interrogate the car and was told there was a large open in the gas recovery system.
    Now, I had to search the wilds of Marin County for the elusive Mr. Heim. I was told he was at @ GMP CARS in Novato. When I walked into the service area, I knew how Stanley felt. "JOHN HEIM, I PRESUME".
    John fixed my car in an hour {a hose had not been connected}. I told SF Motorsports about the faux pas and I was asked for a photograph which I sent them and asked them to make things right. To date I have heard nothing back.
    Hopefully after reading this I have saved my fellow Ferrari owners a lengthy trek through the wilds of Marin to find John.

Sincerely

Doug { playing the role of Sir Henry Stanley}

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good Detective work.