Greetings from Austin | FerrariChat

Greetings from Austin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NTRLOPER, May 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    Hey everyone,

Have lurked here for a couple of years and realized I never posted one of these. I always figured that a Ferrari group would be the epitome of high snobbery but have found this to be completely opposite of what I've experienced here.

I've owned a number of cars over the years but never a Ferrari. It's been a childhood dream since I bought "Ferraris For the Road" back in the mid-80's. The pictures and stories in that book convinced me that even though I'd never seen one in the flesh, I had to own one someday.

Currently live in Austin and targeting my search for 2018 (we just got done renovating and won't have a garage until then). So many great models to choose from, but I've always wanted a Testarossa, so that's likely first on the list.....either black or white. I'm also a big GT fan, so I'm hoping to add a 612 in addition to the TR at some point.

Thanks for all the knowledge sharing and great info. Looking forward to my ownership journey in the near future and will of course post pics when it happens!

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There are already at least 2 white TR's in Austin, ours included but neither are for sale. I know a couple of people you can ask when the time comes.

4. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    Welcome! (Belated a few years I guess!)

You picked a great area to be a future owner in! On top of the beautiful weather (Something we see little of here in WI), Brian (Rifledriver) is one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, and runs an amazing shop by all accounts, in your backyard!

Make sure you post some pictures when you pick up your TR!

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome NTRLOPER! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm more of 348/355/360 guy, and mine will someday be blue. I'm a big DIYer (looking to build/buy a place with at least 4 cars worth of garage. For now I'm just reading and reading and learning.

sjd

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Welcome to fchat! Join up to the local FCA, awesome group and always having fun events.

If you want to buy now and store at Petrol Lounge, drop me a line. We do that for other owners until they have their own solution.

7. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    Thanks guys.....I'll ping Brian about the Petrol Lounge option. I knew that existed but I really would prefer to keep it at the house vs. having to go drive to pick it up.

That white 512 TR in CA looks nice but waaaay over my budget...hence my desire to stick with the earlier Testarossa models.

Had no idea there were two white TRs in Austin already.....wonder how many black ones? Between the two I'd choose black, as long as it's black/black.

Good to know there's so much support here. Are you other Austinites members of the local FCoA chapter?

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have nothing to do with Petrol Lounge, talk to Randy about that.

I know of a black 512 in the area but to my knowledge it is not for sale. This is a small enough market area I strongly suggest widening your search area.

The other half and I are in the local FCA. It is a pretty active group. She and I are also concours judges at the national events and she runs the Coppa Bella Macchina program for the FCA.

I do not sell cars nor will I get in the middle of that but I can suggest some very reputable people who do. Shopping on your own will not get you as far, as fast or as good a car at probably a better deal than working with someone in the business. The good cars and the good deals happen without ever getting on the radar screen.

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Petrol Lounge would be me, not Brian. And we have customer cars over at Brian's shop! Many other Fchatters are familiar with the place, and we host an annual breakfast for the FCA Hill Country Chapter. Drop me a line if you'd like to stop by sometime and see if it is an option you'd like to consider.

This is the truth.