Hello from Canada - Looking to own or restore a pre 1970 classic | FerrariChat

Hello from Canada - Looking to own or restore a pre 1970 classic

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PacificThunder, Jun 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PacificThunder

Jun 16, 2017
    #1 PacificThunder, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari's have always been a car that I've loved.

After speaking to a person on my last (work) project, about my desire to restore a pre-1970 Ferrari, I really had not thought about it seriously.

He's Italian, and suggested that I should just go to Italy and bring one back. Yes it got me thinking. My current project car is almost finished, and I imagine the Ferrari that I will buy, will be along the same theme. A grand touring car, and a driver.

It took a long time to build my current car, and I imagine the same, if not longer for a Ferrari. I like the simplicity of the earlier cars, and I am very nostalgic when it comes to architecture, art, design and cars.

Anyway I am looking forward to learning all about the intricacies of the early cars, and who knows what opportunity may come along.

Attached a pic of the other lady in my life, and hope to have something red, one day
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sweet wheels, a real Cobra?

3. PacificThunder

Jun 16, 2017
    Thanks, no it's not an original (which would be in a museum) It's a very modified car made to look close to the original Shelby. It's powered by an 8 litre all aluminum sideoiler, and has a track inspired suspension, braking system