Attorney for speeding ticket in Nassau County? please... | FerrariChat

Attorney for speeding ticket in Nassau County? please...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by niptuck, Aug 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    OK...I really don't think I was doing more than 70 in 55...I was on call, on the way to the operating room after midnight.
    Got a ticket for 84 in 55. The officer would not let me say one word.

PLEASE...somone suggest me an excellent traffic attorney [Nassau County, Precinct 06] ...I just do not want to get points.

2. sleeperx

sleeperx Rookie

May 1, 2007
    Sent you a PM

3. C6DVL

C6DVL Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2005
    Queens, NY
    Full Name:
    Ed K
    I'll get you the number to my attorney later on, who got my tickets done.
    2 yrs ago I went to court by myself on a 80 in 55 with laser in Nassau Cnty, The DA gave me a deal.........I pleaded guilty to failure to yield ...2 pnts. I think this is the norm in Nassau County...... So don't sweat it!!!

4. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    I have used 2 lawyers:

Frank Desousa and am currently using Jeffrey Levine.

Frank was ok, he got me off of a ticket because the local Westchester cop never submitted the requested written deposition before trial. I am waiting to see how things with Jeffrey turn out -- it seems that Jeffrey will have to go to "trial" for me since NYC does not plea. For this reason I chose Jeff over Frank, as I am not sure how Frank's skills inside a courtroom are. I am sure either one will be able to help you, Levine charges $400 and DeSousa charges $500.

5. Nsx Pilot

Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    Frank Desousa just finished one for me and I was not so thrilled with the out come. The violation was speeding and it was in excess of 30 MPH over the limit.
    I had to pay a " Driver Responsibility Assesment " of $300 and a $100 fine + 6 points on top of Franks fee. There was also another $40 which I had to pay for some court fee's so $940 + 6 points for a ticket I recieved two years ago.

6. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Ouch!

Yah the "Driver Responsibility Assesment" is something new in New York State where if you amass 6 points or more you have to pay a surcharge. Absolutely rediculous the lengths that they go to generate revenue.

Did Frank go to Court? This was my feeling about him -- less then stellar in arguing. All he really did for me was write a letter asking the case to be dropped after they failed to send a written deposition. In fact, I pointed out the deposition point to him, otherwise he was going to go argue the case. I'll report back on Levine, but he seems much more skilled in the inner workings of NYC traffic law.

http://www.trafficlawyer.com/

7. Nsx Pilot

Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    Frank came highly recommended so until someone better comes along its better then nothing.

8. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    thanks for the recommendations guys...

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    On call doctors should be given little police light domes they can put on the roof of the car when they're called for an emergency. I know this doesn't help you, I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I wish you the best in this situation.

If you do end up going to court, and the judge doesn't exhibit even a modicum of leniency, tell him you'll make sure you don't go a single mile over the limit if he or anyone in his family is ever in the OR (okay, don't really say that - but it's certainly okay to think it). :)

10. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Eanest Bush or Frank Desuisa. 24/ 26 Main Street, Hempstead, NY. You won't regret hiring one of these guys particularly if your ticket is in Nassau County, New York.

11. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    Frank Desousa is a long time friend. Great traffic attorney and great friend. He has taken care of me, friends and clients for years. Always the best results. 516-505-7715. Tell him Eric AKA Furio sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. workaholic

workaholic Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Then go and hard wire yourself a valentine one. Saved me thousands of dollars and countless hours in court. Want more? Get blinder 9500 jammers. These cops are out of their minds!!

13. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    Can you tell me more about jammers?
    What does a cop do when the gun turns up blank?
    Can't he still estimate by eye and pull you over?

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Of course. But chances are you wont get a speeding ticket, but a careless driving or if he's cranky, a reckless driving/street racing.

15. scriber17

scriber17 Karting

Oct 30, 2008
    Manhattan, NYC
    Full Name:
    Tang
    So is Frank the best guy for NYC or Levine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Strange - I don't think there is a 6th Precinct anymore in Nassau - they merged into 3rd a few years ago. John - PM me the name of the cop - maybe it's someone I know.

Eugene

17. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Look into the ALP laser jammers. Anti laser priority. I have them Installed on my 458 and my 2 other vehicles. I had them all tested by a retired state trooper and they really work and jam the gun.

You can set them to shut off after a few seconds or manually turn them off when your at the speed limit. Cops usually don't pay it not mind and usually move on tot he next target because so many people don't have jammers. Radar detectors are useless against laser guns.