Started a project with John Nouri at Broadway Performance in Passaic NJ. Check it out | FerrariChat

Started a project with John Nouri at Broadway Performance in Passaic NJ. Check it out

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rmani, May 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #1 rmani, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John is a friend of mine and has been entrusted with my 360 to make it a very powerful N/A 360. Some may recall the thread I started over in the 360 section.

We started with a baseline Dyno, then added a muffler and test pipe setup. On the redyno the car was in limp mode. John has become the resident Dr. for my car, and I wanted to start this thread to track the progress so you all can see what we're doing.

I'm going to post up a video of the car after the installation. Before we redyno again I am going to drive the car a couple hundred miles to let the ECU adapt, and I'll post the gains on here.

John is then going to do an ECU tune to try and squeeze more power from the car...so stay tuned. All said and done I am hoping to have a really powerful N/A 360!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #2 rmani, May 25, 2011
  3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Here's a link to the video since I can't get it to load directly through Fchat!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdQQQN_Sv0[/ame]

4. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Excellent. It's always hard to tell how a given system sounds on youtube given all the different types of recording device etc but the chuckling towards the end of the video tells the story very clearly. That kind of semi-nervous chuckling tells me that this car is very seriously loud!

Look forward to a high speed drive-by and a pull-off clip with hammer down.

5. DakarM

DakarM Karting

Jun 22, 2010
    The car looks good! Broadway performance might be a stop on our Poker Run www.NJpokerrun.com

You should bring the ferrari

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    thanks maybe ill check it out sounds like fun

7. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Wow! Awesome...lovely lovely exhaust note. May I say "not loud enough"? LOL

8. Mrme4u

Mrme4u Rookie

May 27, 2011
    I have hearth the sound of your engine and what I here tells me you must be down on power.
    The engine sound like it doesnt get enough air for the exhaust which can handle much more air than is comming inside.

Things to look at:
    1. see if there is a way that you can get more air in the engine
    2. also look at the fueling map it is most probably running a bit lean you can check the colour of the plugs
    3. are the oxigen censors in the exhaust working or are they faulty that they give the wrong reading to the ECU you should check the resistance of the oxygen censors
    4. give the car time to adjust itself but that should be solved in short time

9. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Any news on your progress?

10. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    id love to hear that in person. you take it to any car shows in northern NJ ever?

11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    sorry i haven't updated this guys. been doing to much traveling. just got back from las vegas and now i have to go back to miami. i will definitely get the car back up there for a redyno asap i am dying to know the numbers.

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Guys car is back at the shop to get a new dyno reading. Also installed some Rtuned CF airboxes and BMC filters

13. Chriscann

Chriscann Karting

May 15, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Chris
    John put BMC filters in my 355 while it was in for work. They work well. Good idea.

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    329hp. so a 27 HP gain once the ecu adapted. This is from quicksilver straight pipes, timate muffler, and bmc air filters. Not too shabby. The owner of the shop told me it was pretty humid in his shop today too.

Next year I plan to do headers with an ECU tune. John thinks he can break 350whp all said and done. so a 50whp gain over stock is definitely possible.

At some point I'll try to get the car on a dynojet and get a reading from a more optimistic dyno.

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #15 rmani, Oct 20, 2011
  16. Slick 6MT

Slick 6MT Rookie

Sep 21, 2006
    East Coast
    Any updates??

17. IgorDillon

IgorDillon Rookie

Mar 12, 2014
    Hey Rmani , it's good to now that you have come out of the problem of your car. I also watched the video and i agree with the FerrariDublin that semi-nervous chuckling tells that the car is very seriously loud! But yeah finally you got rid of it....

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Wow old thread lol. Car runs like a gem. Never even bothered doing a tune it sounds bonkers and goes like hell!

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm doing some work with John now on a car I bought that he brokered. Great resource for you NJ guys.

20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    what did you buy? what work are you having done?

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Its the car I asked you about some weeks ago, a '99 Diablo roadster. Its getting a bushing replacement, leaky steering rack rebuilt, some AC work, and some little stuff.

22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    o sweet you ended up getting it congrats! Let's meet up sometime I've still never ridden in a diablo only the newer lambos. the roadster is one of my favorites.

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    After repairs, it will be coming to Texas.

However, John will need to do a shakedown cruise after the work is done...so if your schedules mesh maybe you could ride shotgun with him.

24. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    That would be cool. Thanks!