Need recommendation for Garage Door Installer | FerrariChat

Need recommendation for Garage Door Installer

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by testarossa717, Feb 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I started my garage project already and am on my way to an 11 foot one inch ceiling . After I finish, I will look to spackle/tape and paint and then onto the floor. I picked up MotoFloor (Black and White Tile Pattern) at Costco. The paint scheme is going to be Sky Blue Benjamin Moore for the walls and flat white for the ceiling. I am going to add some diamond plate trim to finish it off.

When finished, the dimensions will be 10 1/2 wide by 16 feet long(to the staircase) by 11 feet high. LOL I guess it's like every project. You start off with one upgrade in mind and you end up with a huge project. I believe I should be finished in about a week. Then onto flush mounted fluorescent lights.

If anyone knows of any good local garage door installer in Monmouth County NJ, please let me know. I need to change my garage door standard opening track to a high lift track to take advantage of the 11 foot ceilings in my garage for my new four post car lift that I will be buying. I also want a garage door opener installed.

Thanks Again guys.

2. 328turbo

328turbo Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    nyc
    http://www.christieoverheaddoor.com/
    These guys are located in Staten Island, but being that they serve all of NYC, I'm sure where you are in NJ shouldn't be a problem.
    These guys are great and can do any custom application for garage/overhead doors or electric gates.

3. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Thanks 328, I will give him a call.

4. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I tried to respond to your PM but it says your inbox is full.

5. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Just freshening this thread as I need the same job as Antonio done in Monmouth County as well. Any leads would be appreciated.

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Bob- These guys did my side mount motor/re-route rails when I got my lift a few years ago. I subsequently used them to repair the garage door lift on the other side of my garage- very friendly, great work and prices. I don't know how far they travel- they are located in Fairfield NJ:

Door to Door | Garage Doors and Openers, Fairfield, NJ

7. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Thank you Andrew. I just contracted with an outfit to do it. Seem very knowledgeable and repaired my current door a couple times and I was very pleased with them.

$1450 for the modification. All new tracks, new torsion type spring across the front of the garage ( has the two side springs now, side mounted jack screw lift. I'm Ok with that.

Ceiling height is 118, current door is at 83. He said he will get with 6 inches total of available height, so 112. Should work well.

Found a guy to move the lift on referral from a fellow fchat person as well. Strong referral and I think all will go smoothly. I'll post names , etc. after the job is done if all goes well as I think it will.