Ferrari N.A. NYC-Hamptons Rally | FerrariChat

Ferrari N.A. NYC-Hamptons Rally

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Racerfred, Jul 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I just received an invitation to this event from Ferrari North America.

It looks like they have taken over Nathan's event.

Starts in Manhattan on Friday night (8/23) then a rally out to the Hamptons with a Polo match.

Anyone else get an invite?

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I haven't received an invitation. I tried to contact Nathan regarding his rally, but got no response. It was supposed to be this Saturday. I was kind of bummed out, I heard it was a great event (I never got a chance to do it).
    I live 1/2 way out on the Island, so even if I got an invite to this one, I wouldn't go to Manhattan just to drive back. At best I'll tag on once they pass my area if possible.

3. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I have a house in the Hamptons. I will go to Manhattan and then back out east. They say there are events in Manhattan on Friday night.

Friday
    Cars gather at Battery Park
    Parade briefing
    Cocktail reception

Saturday
    Cars rally through NYC to Hamptons
    Lunch in the Hamptons
    Bridgehampton Polo Club Closing day event
    Relax in Ferrari VIP Lounge

Meals, security, technical support and entry passes for Polo event are included.

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It sounds like fun, but I really don't want to battle with city traffic etc. :(
    Maybe I'll change my mind by then...who knows

5. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I just spoke to Ferrari N.A. and they said it will be limited to about 30 cars. They want the cars to be vintage. They said they are getting bombarded with e-mails and phone calls for the event.

They like my car (72 365 GTC4) so hopefully they will accept me.

6. vf430

vf430 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2009
    SoCal
    I got this invite. I was going to call them too. But maybe not if its only vintage.

7. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    I just got my acceptance Email

See you guys there! :)

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #8 ClydeM, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

a 355 is vintage? I'm so sad :(

There aren't many dealer sponsored events this year, so I'm not surprised at the interest for the event.
    Thanks to Ferrari of Long Island for sponsoring the events that are available.

9. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Guys, I just got accepted for the Rally as well. I called the Ferrari Concierge and it looks like they had to grow the event to include about 60 cars. Still, this is a limited opportunity being held by FNA. Now all I need to do is figure out a way for me to get my car from Toronto to New York. I have an enclosed trailer although I think that parking it will be a huge mess in the city. Anyone willing to lend me a parking spot.....LOL!

This should be loads of fun! I've already started the planning...

Cheers,

Marlon

10. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I also just received my acceptance.

If I recall correctly - on the application they had a section regarding having the car picked up and transported to the event.

11. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    They did. What they failed to mention was the cost. They still don't know what it is.

12. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I'm going... Taking my 512 bbi...I want to stay in Hamptons Saturday night ... Any suggestions where I can stay?, night life?, restaurant ?

13. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Guys, is there any place in the city I can go to get her detailed/washed before the big rally on Saturday? I'm really worried about the parking. Perhaps Ferrari of Long Island can lend me some space?

14. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    im going too. Very surprised I was accepted.

Also looking for place to stay Saturday night. Any suggestions???

Thanks

15. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
    Got my accetance email last week. In the details of program, they said there will secured parking. See below.

This email confirms your registration for Tributo Ferrari – New York. Below you will find your registration details as well as essential event information.

Itinerary

August 23rd in Manhattan

· Vehicle Parking Opens, 3pm– Secure Lot at Battery Park (near the Ritz Carlton). A map of the location and exact details will follow.

· Required Event Briefing, 6pm
    o Ritz Carlton Battery Park, 2 West St, New York, NY 10004

· Evening Reception, 7:30pm
    o La Birreria, 200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010

August 24th – Drive commences in Manhattan and ends at the Bridgehampton Polo Club

o Please anticipate a full day of activity on August 24th concluding with a match at the Bridgehampton Polo Club enjoyed from Ferrari’s

Please bring a printed copy of this confirmation email with you on Friday, August 23rd to expedite your on-site registration.

If transportation for your Ferrari has been requested, you will be contacted by Ferrari North America’s logistic department shortly to make arrangements. If needed, hotel accommodations are the responsibility of event participants. The most convenient hotel is the Ritz Carlton Battery Park but participants are welcome to stay at their preferred location.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the Ferrari Concierge at 1-866-551-2828.

We're looking forward to seeing you in New York.

Best regards,

Tributo Ferrari – New York

16. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Guys,

I'm worried about the parking for my truck and trailer. It is going to be hard finding a place that will accept both, as space is often an issue in New York.

Also, is anyone flying solo that Saturday? I may have a friend that needs a ride as all 3 of us are turning 40 this year and this would be a great trip for all of us!

Thanks, in advance!

Cheers,

Marlon

17. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    You might want to call Miller Motorcars (our local dealer in Greenwich, CT). Their service facility in Stamford, CT has a big open lot, they may be willing to help let you store the car. Call John, the service manager. Their in-house detail shop is awesome (Anthony), it may help them "find the space". They are located off I-95, a bit of a drive. Friday driving IN to Manhattan is going to be a nightmare from anywhere....

Another idea may be at FNA itself; they have parking in back and are just over the GWB in NJ.

18. sjscansaroli

sjscansaroli Rookie

Sep 12, 2010
    New Jersey USA
    Full Name:
    Steven J Scansaroli
    I am invited and attending See you there!

19. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I called John and am awaiting a response.

20. Miami305

Miami305 Rookie

Aug 17, 2013
    Miami
    I am coming from Miami for the NYC Ferrari Rally and my California is on its way to NYC. I was wondering how safe the public parking offered by most hotels in Manhattan is. The Ritz and the W, as well as most other hotels I called, say that valet parking is a must and that all cars are parked at a public parking lot, where not only hotel guests but anyone has access to. Is anyone participating in this event is staying in Manhattan, and if so, where are you parking? Does anyone know how safe these public parking lots that the hotels offer are? Any comments will be much appreciated.

21. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
    You should have received the update with a picture of the secure parking they mentioned. The parking looks like it will be on closed streets around the hotel.

22. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    The parking is only available on the Friday night. If you need parking for Saturday it looks like you are on your own.

I've decided that I'm not coming to this event. The logistics are a nightmare and nobody is really helping me out.

Good-Luck and have fun.

Marlon

23. J430S

J430S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2008
    NY
    Full Name:
    John M
    I park at the garage at 425 East 58th street. They have a few Ferrari's a couple of Rolls and a bunch of Bentley's that are kept there monthly. The garage is part of a high end condo, during a weekend in the Summer the place will be empty.

24. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    #24 PeteyP, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
    great. Hate be under a tree though. I checked Bridgehampton Polo And there is a championship polo match to close the season. The match is 4-6 on Sat. They recommend dress up because it is an major event.

Check out the attached website. for great info.

Bridgehampton Polo