Motorcycle road rage beyond | FerrariChat

Motorcycle road rage beyond

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Sep 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    West side highway this weekend

OMG!

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I also posted about this. as a motorcyclist...I am on team range rover!

3. cmlf1

cmlf1 Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    It has been all over the morning news. I am a motorcyclist as well, and this generates huge negative publicity. Of course not being there ad seeing only the video that was obtained we don't know the entire story, but I do know many drivers become intimidated by a large group of motorcyclist, especially with family on board the car. In NYC and LI this is a pretty common occurrence.

4. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    i have lived in this area for many yrs and have never run into this problem. I think the chinese fellow should have full responsibility for what he did. Just because you are intimidated does not give you the right to run people over and paralyze one of the bikers for life. He should get charged with leaving the scene of an accident and attempted man slaughter. He only put his family in more danger through his actions. It seems like everyone is against the bikers, and i think thats wrong. I am sure he had a case of road rage before he hit the bike, and tried to beat the pack by separating it. He should have just let them pass. I am asian myself and i believe that chinese guy deserves the full extent of the law.

5. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Totally agree. So what if you are intimated? Does that give you the right to run over a motorcycle? That's crazy! Definitely a criminal act that precipitated whatever followed. The Range Rover driver is an absolute retard who worked himself up into a tizzy over nothing but some bikes around his car. Were any of them making threatening gestures? Were they blocking him from being able to go? Were they even showing any interest in him? If he is that intimidated, he should stay home and cower in a corner, rather than try to compensate for his small man syndrome by buying a big SUV.

If that had been my friend's bike he ran over like that, and I had caught up to him, I would have dragged him out and pounded his face in with my helmet. Or maybe run over him with his SUV so he could see what it felt like. What a complete jerk.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Why? You think it's ok to run over a motorcyclist with an SUV?

7. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #7 msdesignltd, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    For G sake there was a 2 year old baby in car..
    Bikers were in wrong!
    certainly it could have ended much much worse, the RR could have rolled and killed evryone.

This flash mob mentality empowers wanabe hoodlums
    must stop.

I have owned over 20 street bikes..Never disrespected another driver like that!

Just call 911

8. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I have owned over 20 cars. Never disrespected a biker like that either. Why couldn't the rr driver call 911 if he felt threatened?

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just curious...do you live in United States

10. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Yes, California. Have lived in NJ for a long time as well, used to bike all over...Manhattan, LI, CT, NH, MD, DC, etc. Why?

11. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    I don't mean to be rude, but please read the various news articles and watch some of the press releases. The driver of the SUV was on the phone with 911 reporting the reckless driving of the bikers.

I have owned several bikes in the past and as a fellow rider, you NEVER brake check another driver unless you are starting trouble or have a death wish. Furthermore, I have personally been surrounded by these "Hollywood Stuntz" amateurs on the FDR before. They are the most reckless and most dangerous bike gang arround. They will take over the entire highway and slow down traffic to let each other perform stunts up ahead of the crowd watching behind them... if that's not asking for trouble, I don't know what is...

Lastly, it was reported and corroborated by witnesses on the highway that the SUV did in fact stop as soon as he hit the first bike. He was approached by several bikers with an apparent knife, slashing his tires.(Disturbing Video Shows Confrontation Between Bikers, SUV In NYC « CBS New York)

If I am involved in an accident (whether it was my fault or not) and someone is coming at me and my family with the intent to damage or hurt, I don't care who you are or what is ahead of me, I will do whatever is necessary to protect them.

This kind of stuff would never happen in another state like Texas...

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Are you kidding me? Like calling the cops would help him when 20/30 bikers are already slashing tires and bumping the car with their helmets??

Do you really think the bikers would have just asked him for his insurance info once they managed to get the door open??

The driver did what i would have done. These bikers are savages, check their other videos. They were taking over the streets, running in the wrong lane 4/5 bikes at a time, doing wheelies and running on the sidewalks.

13. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    #13 Zack, Oct 1, 2013
    casisthefirst,
    I see. I did not read all that. I thought the brake check was due to something he did. I agree with you if this is what happened.

Sorry.

amenasce,
    obviously if things have escalated to that level it's too late to call the cops as they wouldn't get there in time. Running in the wrong lanes (do you mean oncoming lanes of traffic?) and on sidewalks is illegal, and can be reckless too if high speeds are involved. Wheelies, however, is simply mischief/exuberance, and I don't see them or donuts as the big crimes that they are made out to be. Agree?

All that aside, if things are as described, then yes, I would excuse the RR driver's behaviour. I thought he simply got intimidated because he ended up in the middle of a pack of bikers on a roadway, panicked, and ran over a motorcycle to try and get away. Also, if one of the bikers brake checked him, and ended up getting hit from behind because the RR driver could not stop, too bad. I don't see that as the RR driver's fault.

Thanks for explaining the lawless behaviour...these bikers are not normal, everyday motorcycle riders.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Yes, check some of the videos : LiveLeak.com - More footage previous to Range Rover incident

They were on the youtube of one of them before he took them down but i guess the internet never forgets. They were just acting like thugs all day long. The RR driver had good intention when he was brake checked (stupid move by the biker) and he stopped. The other bikers obviously wanted 'blood' as soon as they saw the RR stopped. Maybe they didnt know that their friend had brake checked the RR and thought the RR had run him over..

In any case, check the pic at the end of the chase

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/suvbikers-insert-2.jpg

Even the wife's window is smashed. The tire is slashed. And they are smasshing the poor guy on the floor and some are even taking pic/filming (some bikers).

15. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    Wow, tough pic to look at; his wife looks absolutely helpless. I hope every single one of them gets caught....

All stereotypes aside here, 75% of this "biker" gang is pure trash. You don't go out riding reckless and endangering others' lives on the road for that cool video you can upload to YouTube, let alone beat a guy down till the cops arrive.

Like I said...this kinda stuff only happens around here unfortunately...

16. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #16 msdesignltd, Oct 1, 2013
    If I am involved in an accident (whether it was my fault or not) and someone is coming at me and my family with the intent to damage or hurt, I don't care who you are or what is ahead of me, I will do whatever is necessary to protect them.
    ..[/QUOTE]

Bottom Line , Well Said..I will do what is necessary
    It is a miracle that no Guns came on the scene, that would have been too too much!

17. DONRON

DONRON Karting

Dec 21, 2012
    Westchester County
    Full Name:
    Ron
    This reminds me of the Rodney King case. We will not know what really happen until after the court case when the truth of all the things the bikers where doing on that tape prior to the incident comes out. I have to wonder how the media had received that footage so fast? Was it a biker with a conscious or an idiot that was to stupid to get rid of it or someone looking to cash in? If the police had confiscated it we would not be seeing it this quickly. Don't be so quick to pass judgment until you know all the facts. I live 12 miles from there and I've had a bike all my life, both sides disgust me after watching that video. I only hope there more to the story.

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

under those circumstances...HELL YES!!

19. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    +1. With extreme prejudice. If it were my wife and child in the car, being blocked in by violent idiots who are obviously looking for trouble, it'd be full throttle.

Honestly, this should be common sense for everyone: When you threaten a man's family or are complicit in doing so, your life pretty much loses its value to that guy. There are obvious legal limitations (as we MAY see here), but throttling over a man blocking a family in as a mob surrounds them should not be a surprise, whatsoever.

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The law does allow his behavior completely. He was being attacked and was legally entitled to defend himself by escaping. The guys surrounding him and preventing his escape were accessories to the attack.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yup.

These dummies beat the poor guy. I'm a lifelong motorcyclist and I think these jerks were ass-clowns trying to intimidate a family. Everyone is a tough guy when they have 60+ friends backing them up.

Ridiculous.

22. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK...

The American Constitution

The Right to Bear arms..

The Range Rover driver..

Ok, I get it now...none of this would have happened if............

NRA...I get, I get it now!

This incident is modern day akin to the wild west, where rapeing and piliging was a way of life..you needed to defend yourself and family back then..and now!

F or be F'd

23. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    The video is everywhere online, feel free to watch it over and over. You will notice that as soon as the SUV clipped the rear of the first (white) bike, everyone, including the SUV came to a complete stop. Then you see all the bikers surround the SUV and several get off and charge toward the SUV. If you had your family with you, including an infant, and you had a gang of 60+ people around you, what would you do? If the answer is anything but "try to escape", then I feel sorry for you and I pray that you never go through what that family did.

This has nothing to do with race or being on anyone's side because of it. Also, the driver is Vietnamese, not Chinese.

Agreed. I am also a rider and there is no justification for what they did. If they wanted to hold the driver responsible for "causing" the incident, all they had to do was surround him and call 911. They decided to cause damage and inflict pain before running away like the trash they are.

State laws grant citizens the right to defend themselves and their family in the face of any threat they deem reasonably life-threatening. If his only way out of that situation was to drive straight, then so be it.

Lastly, why did the video start right before the incident took place? And why did the video cut off right after the bikers caught up to SUV and began to smash his window? For those that have never been around these "Hollywood Stuntz" trash, here is the kind of stuff they do:

LiveLeak.com - More footage previous to Range Rover incident

24. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    The video probably starts right before the incident because someone looked at the footage and decided to clip it from then onwards.

Not rocket science.

25. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    It's clear (to me, at least) that something was going on between Cruz and the RR BEFORE the first incident. We don't know what as there's no surfaced footage (yet) and no one has explained as far as I know. However, Cruz is seen clearly looking over into the RR, crowding it and then pulling in front without proper room and slowing. Generally, this doesn't just happen without some provocation. So, this could certainly be characterized as an intentional act on his part to precipitate something with the RR driver. And, that's how I view it.

Mieses *may* have been in the wrong place at the wrong time when he tried to provide aid to Cruz and at the same time the RR driver felt threatened (tires were slashed and the car was being attacked by riders) and fled. Mieses' mother is being entirely disingenuous and dramatic, but that's understandable given her troubles. Justice must be done? Maybe her son shouldn't be out riding with a bunch of lawless miscreants? You are judged by the company you keep. It's VERY unfortunate for him if he was literally just giving aid, but I think it's reasonable on the part of the RR driver to have been in fear. Blocking the RR in (intentionally or otherwise) provided no escape route. Bad deal.

Regardless of the criminal charges, civil complaints will almost undoubtedly also be filed. There is a lower burden of proof for the plaintiff, but I still think the RR driver's actions will not result in an award for any plaintiff. The riders' conduct will be closely scrutinized, and the act of removing videos to potentially hide or destroy incriminating evidence will be viewed poorly by a court. Most likely, there will be counter claims made.

These guys are hooligans on a good day and are ready to go at the drop of a hat if you don't like their swarming behavior. And, I ride. So, I have sympathy for riders. Cagers often fail to pay attention and are deserving of a wake-up. But, this goes FAR beyond...

CW