Route 17 Bugatti | FerrariChat

Route 17 Bugatti

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by izaacbrook, Feb 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    I have heard of a Bugatti Veyron that is sometimes driven to the HYTORC Headquarters on Route 17. I've seen a few pictures of it on exoticspotter.com but these pictures are old. Has anyone seen it recently and does anyone know when it is usually there. I want to see a Veyron so badly and the HYTORC building is about a half hour from my house, but I would like so more details if possible. Thanks!

2. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I don't travel up 17N frequently but I haven't seen it in a good while.

3. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    A friend of mine said one of his clients from Saddle River owns two Veyrons. I have never seen one on Rt. 17. Obviously if I ever do, I'll post in the Spotter's thread!

How desperate are you to see one? Give Miller Motorcars in Greenwich a call. They occasionally have Bugatti inventory.

4. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Founder of HyTorc owns the Bugatti and I'm sure you'll see it again in the better weather.

As mentioned, if you want to see a Bugatti first hand there are a number of dealers in the tri-state where you can do so.

5. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I have seen that Red / White two tone Bugatti parked in Hytorc visible from Rt17. I was told by a friend that the car is driven often and has 30k+ miles.

6. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    When was the last time you have seen it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

7. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Izaac, as the other members have noted, it's best to give some local dealers a call.

I'd wager it would be a much more friendly environment.

Also note the 2014 New York Auto Show is coming up and typically Miller brings one down to show off.

8. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Thanks, I went to Manhattan Motorcars in September to see one but they were very hostile about letting me take a look through their showroom. That's why I was looking for some info on one outside a dealership.

9. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    Not surprised to hear about hytorq. He had F50 when the first came out and used to park it there all the time. I used to work in mahwah and stopped by to see it all the time. The owner was very nice as well. He had a Vper and other nice cars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. The staff is extremely friendly at Miller, from my experience. I went up to see the Huayra back in the fall at the McLaren showroom and then stopped by some of the other showrooms. Everyone seemed friendly there. Try Miller.

As mentioned above, they'll probably have a Veyron at the NY Auto Show and Greenwich Concours.

Wow, I forgot about that. I remember seeing those cars as well (what color was the F50?). Man, I wish I could get in touch with him and see if he'd come to C&C!

11. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Getting those cars to make it to a C&C would make an already great gathering even better!

12. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    And if it helps, I did a little research (student with nothing better to do) and found that the CEOs name is John Junkers. Couldn't find any contact info, however.

13. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Must have been over a year ago since I have seen the car.

14. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Nope. Sold company.

15. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Does that mean that the Veyron will not be back?

16. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Since when? As of the end of 2013 it was still owned by Junkers with his son in the biz as well.

Could have changed since then...

Our kids play sports together so when I see him in the spring I'll see if he has any interest in bringing a car or two out to a C&C.

17. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Yes.

18. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    I remember driving with my father when I was too young to drive myself, late 80s or early 90s, I spotted an F40 parked in a parking lot. I made my father turn around so we could get a better look at it. It had HiTorc on the front spoiler if I recall correctly. That was the first time I saw an F40 in the wild. What a memory. Some things you just don't forget. I still remember 1985 when a red Testarossa drove by house. The owner lived about 3 minutes away from me. The next time I saw that car was about twenty years later. Apparently he didn't drive it much.

19. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Reminds me of the first time I saw a Ferrari. I was riding my bicycle around the town I grew up in and I saw a Testarossa sitting in a nearby resident's driveway. It was unlike anything else I had seen up until that point.

20. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    #20 jmbarba76, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    #21 izaacbrook, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My first time seeing a Ferrari in the wild was this summer. I may have seen one before but that was before I grew a real interest in cars. I was in Europe for the first time at this tiny little hotel in Normandy, and when I woke up in this morning this was outside!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Yup, that's the one. I've seen the same picture!

23. MadColonel67

MadColonel67 Rookie

Jan 3, 2013
    Warren, CT
    Full Name:
    Michael Maddalena
    Hytorc is alive and well but sadly, John Junkers, the owner of the Veyron and founder of Hytorc, passed away suddenly. He made the decision to let the Veyron go before he died because he didn't really enjoy driving it on New Jersey roads and it cost a ton to insure.

24. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    That's a shame.