Gullwing Motorcars | FerrariChat

Gullwing Motorcars

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ARTNNYC, Feb 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I was just looking at a car at Gullwing Motorcars in Astoria and was wondering if any NY Fchatters have any experiences dealing with them. The Salesman Anthony was very nice and helpful.

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You might want to have a talk with Bundas aka Mitchel Barnes.
    Frank Manderano as well - Portenos.

That should get you the ying and the yang.

Both post in the Maserati sections so probably a search with gullwing will pull something up.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I haven't heard anything about them being dishonest but they do have a reputation for marketing cars that have been "rode hard and put away wet" and that are close to the project end of the spectrum even though their asking prices would suggest otherwise.

Go in with your eyes open, be a knowledgeable buyer and have a realistic idea of the cost of bringing some of these cars back, drive a hard bargain and you might find something worthwhile and that won't put you under water too much.

4. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    thanks for the input everyne

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Bought an e type from them few yrs ago. Great price and loved car for about 18 months until sandy storm flooded it out. Just be sure to do ppi and dont rely too much on their info.

6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've been there. I was checking out a Testarossa at the time. The car needed a lot of work and had no service records so it scared me away. The warehouse where they keep these cars are worth the trip alone. Jam packed with all sorts or cars...exotics, barn finds, muscle and historic vehicles. But I also heard you have to go in there with an open mind and knowledge of what your buying. They were on an episode of Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carini one time.