Looking for a Race/Fab shop in Long Island | FerrariChat

Looking for a Race/Fab shop in Long Island

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Champboat/Champcar, Mar 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    Hello I am looking for a shop that can help me with my R8 build.my regular shop is full of cars getting worked on ,i found another shop which also is full of race cars getting built so i am on the waiting list..,So i am looking for a shop that can weld aluminum and also fabricate a rollcage hopefully located in the long island Ny area, queens or brooklyn., any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Try giving Bradan a call, they may be able to help out.

3. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Call Bradan, if Dan can't help you I'm sure he knows someone who can.

4. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    Just look at braden's threads on all the custom work he does..You will find he can do just about anything and has but with thought as well.. Dan is a great guy to deal with

Adam

5. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    yes i checked with him first, he recomended a first class fabricator close by , his shop is full and i am waiting for a opening, in the meantime i was still searching for other shops that could work with me.Thanks guys .!

6. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #6 BRADAN, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the referrals guys!

Hes great and I really don't think anyone else on the island is able to handle that type of work correctly. I busted his chops about it last night and he said he planned on stopping by your house next week. All the super talented fabricators are nuts, you have to beg them and be nice the whole time. Painters are divas like that also.

This is a 996 turbo cage he built recently.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. archstanton

archstanton Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Eric,
    I'm surprised that you still have the GT4!

Try Mark Wehrmann Engineering in Hauppauge

Brian

8. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    No i sold the Gt4 a while back , Picked up a 98 Diablo SV that was a blast to drive for 2 years, sold it because i needed a family car, so i had a 700 HP Evolution , which i sold too! now i have a family car so i bought this Audi R8 to build.

9. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Show us the R8 and tell us what are your plans for it?

10. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Try T&S Motorwerkes in West Babylon. They are the shop the prepares the Magnus Racing Porsches that compete in the TUDOR series.

They just won the 12 Hours of Sebring. In 2012 the won the 24 Hours of Daytona.

I spoke to John Bedell, the shop owner today, and he said he could do the work. The shop number is (631) 842-1653.

Fred

11. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    Thanks Fred, i spoke to John today, he is a very nice guy and took some time to help me out, He pointed me in a good direction to get my car on a table at the audi shop with the correct jigs that would make the job so much easier and faster but the shop can`t take my car in because of its history( auction car) they are not allowed to work on them. So back to square one , i am about ready to buy a mig or tig and start measureing and fabricateing myself, or i can wait until my friends shop or Bradans friends shop has room for me, the problem is alot of times a shop will say yes i can get you in here in a couple of weeks but that turns into months, sometimes many months.I guess thats how it is with these talented individuals, they are booked solid.If anyone has any other suggestions my ears + eyes are wide open, thanks to all !

12. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Try Bobby Singh at Manhattan Motorsports in Roslyn. Tell him Scott referred you.

516-625-2900

Top shelf

13. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .......................................Thanks Brian, i spoke with Mark, he is a cool dude,works on some radical stuff, he is not really into repairs like this, he did have some good ideas. I visited a few race/ fab. shops in the last 2 weeks, the shop across from Magnus racing were building some highly detailed custom race cars,the workmanship was seriously good,I was impressed, they can fit me in about a 3 month wait.,and the guy had a very good attitude.

14. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ....................thanks Scott , i will call Bobby and let him know my budget and what i need done, i saw his website he has some great alignment tables and were doing some nice cages,and it looks like he has a chassis jig too. its worth a try !

15. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .............................................I called them but they have yet to get back to me , but i did find a great mobile welder that comes to the boat yard ,i will prep all the parts and pieces, do some mock set ups getting everything ready to weld, I am thinking of tack welding everything then sending it to a alignment shop to check it before final welding.

16. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Just spoke with him and he claims he did not receive any message

Said to call (516) 625-2900 and say he is expecting your call
    Can also email at [email protected]

17. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .....................................................................thanks for the reply, i spoke with them , they are not doing bodywork or chassis work but thanks he did give me a lead.

18. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .........................................................Thank you Scott , i spoke with Bobby today, he took some time to go over my options , and we are going to go over it with his fabricator.Thanks again that was a great hook up.

19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    No problem ....glad you hooked up

20. folgrz

folgrz Rookie

Apr 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Haha that's Tim's crazy Porsche.

Tommy is a good guy and is an excellent fabricator. Definitely a top notch option as well! Good luck on the hunt for a fabricator.

21. DONRON

DONRON Karting

Dec 21, 2012
    Westchester County
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi Eric I've had a lot of specialty welding done on previous projects, not all auto related by a shop in L I, anytime I've been there they always have a few major fab cars in there. It may be worth giving Dom a call 516 579 5131.If they cant help im sure they can send you in the right direction

22. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .....................................................Thank you , what shop does Dom work out of ? i called but didn`t get through yet to talk to anybody, i will call back again .

23. DONRON

DONRON Karting

Dec 21, 2012
    Westchester County
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry I just checked the # again 516 597 5131

24. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ......................................................................................................................Thanks for your reply, its nice that your first post is trying to help a forum member,thats why i originally joined up here on Ferrarichat,the people here usally are here to help, yes Tom is very talented but his shop is full and he is working with Magnus racing too so he is pretty much booked solid , but i will try him again , i think he lost some interest in working on my car, a person can only do so much work., or take in a certain amount of cars .