Wide World of BS in Spring Valley | FerrariChat

Wide World of BS in Spring Valley

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by C Alexander, Apr 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    #1 C Alexander, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm sure many of you in the NY/NJ/CT area are familiar with this dealer in Spring Valley and I'm curious to know what your experience is with their service dept.

I took my 360 there last Saturday morning for them to fix my passenger door lock. Up to this point, the lock mechanism was stuck so I could not open the door from the interior or exterior. They called me on Monday to tell me that the actuator would need replacement and gave me a quote. I went down to pick it up this morning, and not only was the final bill 30% higher, they brought the car out in a worse condition than it went in. Although they fixed the door, they broke the bezel around the door handle on BOTH the passenger side and the driver side (not even sure why they would touch with the drivers side).

Bottom line, they claimed that the car came in that condition (lol) and that they would not admit to any fault. Check out the pics below...

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this dealer at all costs. I had read bad reviews of this place on f-chat but never had a bad experience personally until today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Inexcusable to leave a car in this condition after performing a repair.

3. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    If what you experienced is correct, this is the kind of thing that should let be known far and wide. Every one who owns one of these cars should be aware of things such as this because we all will need to have them repaired at some point.

Do you have names of people you spoke to? Wonder what comment they would have to offer if any?

By contrast, today I picked up my car from service dept at FCNJ, and could not be happier with service, professionalism, and care shown by the entire staff there, especially Charlie.
    Don't know about others, but my experience with these guys was positive every time.

4. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    bought my 08 F430 spider there and they are the best. Charlie is the man

5. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    WOW, I can't even believe what I am seeing. If that car went into the shop looking perfect, and came out like that, I would be mad beyond belief. If on top of that, they refused to fix it correctly, I would be out for blood. I had some trouble with their sister company in FL. thankfully after a lot of phone calls, research and e-mails back and forth, I got them to pay for what they were supposed to do for me when I purchased the car. It took 3 months, but at least I got the money that they owed me and I was happy by the end. Happy enough to buy another car from them.......NOT!

6. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    Brought my car in to get the wheels fixed on my 2013 Spider. They scraped my bumper and it had to be repainted. They were nasty and could care less. They said if I do not like I should trade it in. Would not let them work on anything I own

7. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    My point exactly, even it were not a Ferrari.

I won't mention any names but I dealt with the service manager and the actual tech who worked on the car. The entire hour-long argument was a combination of them insisting that they are Ferrari-certified mechanics who don't make mistakes and that the car came in that condition. The manager actually had the audacity to question my memory and tell me that I may have broken the bezels without knowing it before dropping it off.

8. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    They have a very flawed system of taking possession of cars for service. You would think that when looking at the car to determine the extent of the repairs and give customers the estimate, they would actually mention broken pieces in the area of the repair. Not only was the issue not mentioned to me, the service adviser exchanged 4 phone calls and 24 emails with me during the week from beginning to end. This issue was never mentioned...

Very sad. Before I got there, another angry customer was arguing with them as well. Apparently, they had asked him to come down and pick up his F12 and when he got there, the manager told him the car was still at their body shop "down the street". Now I wonder why it was at their body shop in the first place...

9. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I always make a point of showing the service writer how perfect my car looks and tell them to do a walk around together when I drop it off.
    I like what my local Lexus dealer did last time I took my car in for an inspection. They took photos of the car all around . it protects the owner from damage, as well as the dealer from false claims. It was a very good approach. I wish all dealers did this!

10. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Very sorry to hear. That story is every F car owners nightmare. Thanks to this site stories like this have a place to be reported and shared. I picked my car up at FOLI Friday morning after it's pre season spa treatment of complete fluid treatment. It was reported that a small power steering fluid leak was identified and tended too. The car was retuned completely detailed inside and out. That is the service we all pay for and should expect.

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    There is no reason why it should have return from the repair in that state. None.

That bezel is very brittle with old age. It'll break in like two seconds when you remove the handle. It's a pain because the drivers door just lifts out, but the passenger door needs the panel to come off in order to replace it (which they should have one). I put a strategic crack in mine when I put it back on, you really can't see it when its installed unless you look hard. With the age of the fleet all are going to crack sooner or later. Drivers side slips in with 30 seconds of work and a screw and a bolt removed.

Not kewl... It's only a $30-40 part with an hour (maybe) of labor

12. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    They are a sponsor on this site as well. They should be ashamed. I would not even let them shine my shoes. They don't pick up the phone either. Who taught this manager how to deal with customers. My guess they have a couple of I don't give sh*t techs that love to break things and not say anything. It's spreading all over. It started in parts with no one answering the phone to rude management with complete disregard. A old yugo dealer would be a better place to go. Too many horror stories. Too many times hearing stories about management telling owners to go scratch. Too many stories of them f*cking things up and not owning it. Ferrari is slipping. We should all reach out to Ferrari Spa Sent about 50 letters of displeasure to be mailed on the same day. Go scratch Wide World!

R

13. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    #13 Falcon7x, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    +458, Staff is great @ FCNJ, Never any issues with anything!

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Never heard anything good about Wide World and after their treatment of a friend of mine trying to buy a car from them (not his first either) I would never set foot in the place.

15. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    +1 charlie and service staff at FCNJ

16. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    Thanks to everyone for their input. I shouldn't be but I'm at least glad that I am not the only one to have a bad experience with this dealer. I know that their lead mechanic is actually a very knowledgeable and very friendly guy but I can't speak for anyone else..

Some of you mentioned FCNJ as a good place to go to but I think it might be a bit of a drive for me every time I need something done, so I will end up researching a few other places in Bergen. Any suggestions?

17. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    FoCNJ has a pickup service that might suit you.

18. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    i heard about wide worlds rep too. As I am contemplating on where to service my 430 for the first time...I will cross wide world out. I remember last time i was there with my 360 they tried to rip me off with a clutch service. Is justin the manager that you are talking about, last time i saw he was demoted to sales rep.

19. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    My one experience with WWOC was very disappointing as I called to see a car they had for sale, traveled over an hour to see it and they hadn't bothered to haul it out of their storage facility so there was no way to test drive the car.

Life is too short to deal with companies that don't have a customer service attitude and there are always a lot of others to deal with if one company doesn't measure up.

20. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    When I bought my F430, they didn't have any until a friend, who was one of their best customers, called for me. One magically appeared at $50,000 over MSRP.

Joe

21. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    So a $50,000 premium is how they treat their "best customers"? :(

22. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Sounds like a complete disaster of a dealer. Glad to have references here (although I wouldn't use them, FoCNJ is an option for me).

Sorry to hear - I'm with everyone else, a car returned in that condition is deplorable. Take your business elsewhere!

23. white viper

white viper Karting

Feb 10, 2004
    w.p ny
    Full Name:
    jon
    i went in to buy a f430 they treated me horrible insulted me and had the balls to say sir you dont seem to be the ferrari type

yeap he was right went out and bought a gallardo spyder the next day

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i walked in when i was 25 with shorts and t shirt on. they took me seriously and i bought an f355. 12 years later ive bought a dozen cars from them, serviced all of them there and have had no issues. i know a bunch of others who can and say the same. there are 3 sides to every story and there are other options out there.

as hard as it is to believe some owners/customers do waste alot of time and they arent pleasant to deal with. i cant say a bad thing about wwofcars.

25. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I drove over to discuss servicing my car a few years ago as they are local to me and all I got was bad attitude, lies and BS. I've never heard anything good about them to be honest.

Edit: well now I have read something positive about them (see above) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk