Free smiles at Ferrari of Long Island- Perpetual Offer | FerrariChat

Free smiles at Ferrari of Long Island- Perpetual Offer

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by glh222, May 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. glh222

glh222 Rookie

Aug 28, 2008
    Hi all, my name is Gregg Hayim- I am the General Manager at Ferrari of Long Island. (FOLI).

I wanted to share an experience that I had not too long ago, and present an offer to the Ferrari community. A few weeks ago a child that couldn't have been older than 7 or 8 years old walked into the showroom with his parents. The family was not there to buy a car, but rather they had made the trip in an attempt to lift the spirits of their son, who is battling an illness and clearly was in need of a smile. Long story short, I ended up taking the young man around the block a few times in a 430. I really hope this post isn't misconstrued as some cheesy PR pitch, I assure you it isn't. The smile on this young mans face after a few minutes of being in the car was absolutely priceless. Obviously we didn't do anything medically to help, but I like to think that from a mental standpoint, we helped a young man in need joy have some, even if it was for just a brief few minutes.

I have been thinking about posting this idea for a few weeks, so what the hell. I want to put it out there that if anyone reading this finds themselves, a family member, friend, friend of a friend, etc in a similar situation, it would be our distinct pleasure to arrange for fun ride in one our F cars.

I think that at some point of working around these cars day in and day out, we can lose site of just how special they can be. So let this be an outstanding offer into perpetuity. If we can help a child, and/or their families in providing a smile to someone in need, all you have to do is ask.

Moving forward if you would like to take us up on the offer, please email me or call the store. My email is [email protected]. I don't check fchat all that often so email or calling is best. All I ask is just a but advanced notice, say a few hours or so or a day or two ideally. Thanks for listening guys and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Gregg Hayim

2. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    What a wonderful thing you did for the boy and his family, God bless your soul and I wish more people of means were more like you Gregg.

3. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Great thing you did. Was child going to be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Nice thought, good on ya.

5. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    There is good in this world, thanks for reminding me.

6. Sassicaia

Sassicaia Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Gregg

Not only are FCars special, so are you!

Thank you.

7. titanium430isback

titanium430isback Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Well done Gregg

8. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    Good job, I always try to attend car shows that have a connection to kids that are either disbled or have other health issues coming to see the cars. Seeing their faces light up just sitting in one of these vehicles is priceless...

9. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Great Job and terrific post Gregg. I think everyone should do their part. We have been blessed by GOD to have these great cars, we should look to "pay it forward".

Lonnie, please let me know when one of those events comes up. Helping a child in need is priceless!!

10. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010

This is awesome. I think the most important thing you can do is impart this graciousness on your customers. Find creative ways to share these stories with them and inspire them to use their position to make someone else's day whenever they can. Whether it's Jim Glickenhaus, Rich Stein, or Bryan Salamone, the guys who truly love to share their passion really 'make' whatever brand they're representing and we could always use more like them! By all accounts you guys have done a phenomenal job with FoLI and I'm glad you're my local dealer when the time comes.

11. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    will do!

Exotic Rally runs some of those events google them

12. glh222

glh222 Rookie

Aug 28, 2008
    I think the best thing we can do is to make a concerted effort to keep things like this in mind, and spread the word- continuously. I reached out to Fchat to see about making the offer a sticky post, but apparently Sticky threads dont get the same attention as regular posts do.

We do a Toys for Tots Rally a handful of times per year, (Lonnie, send me your email and I will make sure you get on our mailing list) but not to beat a dead horse- I cant tell you how wide this young mans eyes grew when we accelerated in an actual car, it was a special moment. As operators, car owners, friends of owners, whatever- anyone with access to a special car- we have the rare ability to lift children's spirits in a way that cant be replicated with tangible items like toys. Experiences last a lifetime.

Thank you all for sharing in the sentiment. If we continue to remember to remember (that makes sense, right?) I feel we can truly make a difference. So, please spread the word...

best,

Gregg

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Just fantastic! This is really great!

14. Iadvise

Iadvise Karting

Mar 5, 2013
    Fantastic gesture and experience for the child.

I would suggest to open your store for parents to bring their kids so that the kids can have something to aspire to as well.

Many kids are lacking direction and perhaps holding a group talk about what it takes to be successful and how to become positive contributors to society - might actually help them as they form their own personalities and pave their own road.

I truly believe that our society needs to change from elementary school going forward - to teach kids about the importance of learning, of being their best.

Transforming our society from one of simply 'getting by' or doing 'just enough' to one that we can all be proud of for the things we do to make the world a better place.

15. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    The guys at FOLI are a class act

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Great story. Kudos to you and your team

17. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I would happily provide that service in NYC for anyone that needs as well

18. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Anyone in CNJ ever needs something like this, please email me - I'd be more than happy to give someone a ride in my cars.

Thanks,
    Erik

19. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Hi Gregg, Great job on making a difference in someone's life. A smile can go a very long way. I should be taking delivery on my 1st Fcar next month from Ferrari of Plainview and hope to be able to do the same.

To other members, I actually run a small business and work directly with some of the group homes for disabled kids on LI such as United Cerebral Palsy UCP, IGHL, WORC, etc... I would love to be able to put together an event for all the agencies to bring out the kids and staff to enjoy our cars. The smiles would be priceless. We can also raise money for the agencies as well. I would need help of course because I have no idea how to do this. Hopefully we could plan this for next year or so. Keep it in mind.