Ferrari crash in NY | FerrariChat

Ferrari crash in NY

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dkny, Jun 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
  2. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    crazy day for fiery crashes...newsday is reporting a lambo crashed and abandoned on the GW bridge

3. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Wow that just made my heart sink. Pablo is a F-chat member and a customer. Lets all pray for him!

4. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
  5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    The provided news report indicates both men suffered burns over 70% of their bodies. If such is the case, let us hope that the degree of burns are not as serious as can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    This happened about 8-10 miles from where I live and it was a pretty horrific crash. Hope for the best.

7. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Info today looks like speed was the culprit and most likely charges to come . Driver and passenger still critical.

8. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Yes, truly horrible. This accident actually happened on my road, just past the edge of our land, probably 300 meters from the end of our driveway. I drove passed the burned spot this AM, did not look good. I hope the driver and passenger make good recoveries.

Does anyone know was the car involved a matte red 458 spyder? Is so, I've met the owner around town and he is a lovely human being.

Steve, do you live in Millbrook? PM if you wish - it sounds like we are neighbors.

Alex

9. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  10. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    We're over in Pleasant valley and Washington Hollow. There is a couple of other 308"s in the area.

11. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
  12. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Perhaps you're also familiar with a loved one suffering from grievous burn injury and succumbing. In 1956, my Father pulled his from an explosion, with 85% Burns, most Third Degree, after which three days passed before he succumbed.

This is not the old days, when Percentage of Third Degree Burn + Age = Percentage of Nonsurvival. These Two Gentlemen were both able to escape the vehicle themselves. That gives me greater hope the Degree of Burns wasn't as high as could be, or as deep, and treatment can help them resume their lives.

Burns: Burns: Merck Manual Home Edition
    Prognosis
    First- and some second-degree burns heal in days to weeks without scarring. Deep second-degree and small third-degree burns take weeks to heal and usually cause scarring. Most require skin grafting. Burns that involve more than 90% of the body surface, or more than 60% in an older person, are often fatal.

Artificial Skin, and how far we've progressed
    HowStuffWorks "How Lab-grown Skin Works"

This is where they were airlifted to, apparently by their STAT Flight Team;
    Westchester Medical Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Trauma and Burn Center Valhalla, New York (NY) - Westchester Medical Center

So, as a fellow Member who has never met these Gentlemen, I can only ask that we consider the aforementioned not as a matter of debate, but as how Medical Professionals are helping them not just survive, but prosper.

These Two Men are going to need our moral and emotional support when they need it most, because when faced with the greatest adversity, we help each other prosper. And that is Our Community's greatest strength.

13. RVL Saratoga

RVL Saratoga Formula 3

Aug 27, 2010
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hear, hear.

14. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Has there been any update on the condition of the driver and passenger in this horrific crash?