TRIBUTO FERRARI | FerrariChat

TRIBUTO FERRARI

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by scudF1, Jun 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Did you guys receive an email regarding this year's Tributo Ferrari event?

2. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I did the other day. It was kind of a strange e-mail. I registered on the link in the e-mail and that is all that I have heard. It is in the beginning of August (1st weekend).

3. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    Yes. Got the email and VIP registration from Ferrari NA

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I did about 2-3 weeks ago.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What is this event?

6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
  7. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    It was an rally/event that Ferrari N.A. put on. It started at the Ritz Carlton in downtown Manhattan on a Friday. On Friday mostly everyone brought their cars, if I remember correctly, it was over 60 cars, and stayed over at the hotel. They had security watching the cars all day and night. On Friday night there was a party at a restaurant in NYC hosted by Ferrari. They brought us there by tour buses.

On early Saturday morning we all started the rally out to Bridghampton. We went through NYC where some of the streets were closed down so that we could go through as a group. There were photographers everywhere and a helicopter filming us. After the tour through NYC we all traveled out to the Polo match in Bridghamton where they had a lunch set up for use and then a VIP area to view the Polo match.

It was a really well done event. You need to be invited to do the event. What they told me was that they wanted it to be a vintage car rally however there were not a lot of people with vintage cars willing to do it so they opened it up to modern cars. There were only about 10-15 vintage cars with the rest being modern cars.

Here is a YouTube video of last years event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk9ZJu1Xy0

8. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's kind of a shame then that their video is so focused on the modern cars -- barely a glimpse of (and no sound from) the 275 GTB, California (250), or even the F40. :(

9. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Anyone hear From ferrari on being accepted for this years tributo ?

10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Just got my invite today!! August 2. Not missing this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Just got the approval and signed up today.

12. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    is there a fee ?

13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Yes, $2500. for two which includes one night stay at the Ritz in NYC, dinner, breakfast on the terrace and lunch in Greenwich and rally to Hamptons and gala there Saturday night. Last year there was no fee but this year not so lucky. It is a great event and everything top notch.

14. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Only thing is you will need to find accommodations in the Hamptons on Saturday. There will be a rally from NYC to Greenwich, CT to Bridgehampton. Cocktail party Saturday night. Not sure what time the cocktail party will be but there might be quite a bit of down time before the party. You will need somewhere to change unless you wear your cocktail attire for the whole day! It might be hard to find a place to stay being it's the high season out there and most places will need two night minimum. I have a house in East Hampton so I'm ok.
    Of course you can forego the cocktail party and just head home after the rally.

15. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Is the friday night dinner at EATALY again?,where is lunch in Greenwich ?, still waiting to hear from them as I did it last year also

16. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I got my invitation yesterday as well. I participated on that event last year. It was a very nice and well organized event. However, the $2,500 this year's fee I find it a little bit outrageous. I don't want to sound cheap but with that kind of money you can do a lot of other things. A friend of mine who also participated on last year's event, stayed at Ritz Carlton over night and it cost him less than $500 for the night. I can't justify the extra $2000. In my opinion they should have tiered options. Fo those who want to stay over night at the hotel and for those who don't. I live in NY so it makes no sense for me to stay at the hotel over night. Last year, I drove my daily car on Friday night for the registration and dinner and the next morning I drove my Scud to the hotel for the start. I would be nice if they had a more reasonable participation fee. My 2 cents.

17. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I guess the cost putting this kind of event together must be pretty large. It does seem like a bit much but I'd hate to miss what they have planned as far as the dinner, luncheon and cocktail party. Maybe they went real upscale compared to last year? I wasn't there so I have no clue what the differences would be.

18. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    We went last year and are going this year. Last year was a great event, lets see what the $2500 buys us this year ;o)

19. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    I participated last year and thought it was a great event.... I was on the list to participate this year but I never got an actual invitation after the initial interest email....

I guess my money isn't green enough.... oh well.

And while I agree that $2500 is a lot for a weekend rally.... putting something like this together is very difficult and the NYC area is one of the most expensive in the world...

20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    All paid up and looking forward!

21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #21 Labman, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    So what do we do, just show up at Battery Park City? Did anyone get anything in the mail? An email? Not sure what to do and it's only 3 days away!
    I'm all registered, paid and received the confirmation email from Ferrari NA.

22. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    yes - I don't have the email handy, but yes, just show up at the hotel in Battery Park.

Assuming same process as last year, they will direct you into the secure parking (which is basically on the street with barriers, with off-duty police security.) Check in to hotel and go to registration table, last year it was on 2nd floor outside the briefing room.

They will give you the schedule, badges, route book, etc

BTW if like last year, they will have the team from Skinz there applying rally decals to your car, so bring some quick detail and microfiber

23. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Ok. Thanks!!
    We are supposed to be there at 4pm on Friday correct?

24. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I'd have to check, the email had a schedule. You just want to be there for the briefing IMHO.

We're getting there 5 minutes before the briefing, I think that's 6 or so.

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I just looked at the original invite. Looks like we are supposed to get there starting at 4pm for staging and hotel check in. 6pm is the briefing.