Visiting Hamptons | FerrariChat

Visiting Hamptons

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sdavies88, Jun 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sdavies88

sdavies88 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Davies
    My wife and I (355) along with 2 other Ferraris (360 spiders) are going on a week long drive from Nova Scotia through New England and will be in Southampton 30 June - 2 July. Were we're thinking of a winery visit or 2, lunch at the Montauk YC and maybe a beach. Looking for thoughts on some activities for that time.

Thx

2. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Most of the wineries are located along Route 25 on the North Fork which is a bit of a drive from the Hamptons, but it is well worth it if you want to sample the local vintages.

My go-to Hamptons activity (weather permitting) is a day at the beach followed by a steamed lobster with all the trimmings at one of the local restaurants. Check with the Town websites which beaches sell a day permit since some are resident only and most require a sticker to park your car.

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On Sunday june 29th autosport design has a cars and coffee
    On Sunday morning in watermill
    If you come a day early

Where are all of you guys staying?

4. sdavies88

sdavies88 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Davies
    We are staying at the harbour front inn in Greenport. (I was wrong as this is obviously North Fork)

All our hotels are booked along the way so unfortunately we can't arrive a day early.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Make sure you visit Claudio's restaurant. Weather will be great too. Enjoy!

6. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Ho was that trip from Nova Scotia? Id love to do that starting from here.

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You might consider avoiding the drive through New York City and then out to the North Fork. You could catch a ferry in New London (I believe) and it drops you off in Orient; very close to Greenport. Driving is fun; unnecessary traffic and rotten roads are not. If you don't have an EZ pass you will have to pay cash at the tolls and the long lines themselves can be a pain. You avoid all that with the ferry. Have a great trip to Long Island no matter how you arrive.

8. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    I highly recomend the ferry also. If you want to enjoy more Long Island driving you can ferry from Bridge port to port Jefferson. Pt Jeff is a great little waterfront honky Tonk town and from there it is a great ride out to the north fork along 25a. In you get to south hampton great spot is red bar or in sag harbor try bell and anchor. The great restaurants are plentiful. Many, bell and anchor or stone creek in quague, Roberts in watermill , will offer upfront special parking for exotics. Enjoy. Ps sometimes you pay for exotic parking.

9. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    +2 on the New London-Orient Point Ferry. It's gonna be pretty crummy coming down I-95 to the Throgs Neck or Whitestone Bridges then slogging your way back out East on the LI parkways or the LIE.

Ferry has a website and reservations this time of year may be mandatory, if not, highly recommended. Not a bad trip over the Sound at all.

https://www.longislandferry.com/