July 19, 2014 Lime Rock FCA event? | FerrariChat

July 19, 2014 Lime Rock FCA event?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by MVDESQ, Jul 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Anyone going to this? I'd like to go to spectate but I'm not interested in 2 days of track. Any way to buy a day pass to hang out? I'm sad there is no Challenge this year in CT.

2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I got an email from LimeRock indicating there is no charge for spectators at this event. You just have to sign their waiver. Call them to confirm.

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Yes, not charge to spectate, its the Empire Regions Drivers Education.

4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I might go. An email I received said $700 to participate, I spoke to MMC and they said maybe less for just the one day, that is to take your car on the track w an instructor.
    I'll know more Friday.
    A

5. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I just called Lime Rock myself and was advised that the admission for spectators is free and that spectators must sign a waiver. I have no idea what the waiver states.

6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    The waiver is, I am guessing, the entry sign-in sheet. Everyone that drives in signs it at the guard house. After that there really is no other queue or gathering spot.

Have you been there before?

7. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I went five years ago, the waiver is required to get in the park, no money but you have to sign the waiver to enter. From memory it says the track is not responsible for any injuries you might suffer. Also explicitly states that you assume the risk knowing that tracking cars is dangerous. I don;t worry about it, but I would guess that many drivers don't have track insurance and their ordinary auto liability insurance is void when they drive on a track - so you might be taking some risk of being injured without being able to recover damages.

8. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    True, the waiver has been customary at race tracks for the last 30 years. As for insurance companies not covering racing, just remember that its a short tow from the woods at the end of Big Bend out to the public road...;)

9. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Been done before........."A deer ran out in front of my car and I swerved off the trac....er, road, to avoid it!" :D