FCA Floram park Set. 14th | FerrariChat

FCA Floram park Set. 14th

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Jul 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 msdesignltd, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Events | FCA Penn-Jersey

I was at this event in 2004/5

Is it still as big an event as back then??

Anyone attending with a car??

2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This is always a great event. I haven't been able to make it the last several years, but hope to make it this year with the 330 GT. I was there is 2002/3/4/5ish and it was a very big show. It was slightly smaller last time I went, but that was probably 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't know how big it is these days. It's always a fun event with interesting cars - hopefully some Fchatters will make it out.

3. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I will be there on Sunday. Wasn't sure until yesterday whether I could make it, but was able to register at last minute with email to Dave. Hope to see other Fchatters there.

4. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I plan to attend.

5. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    How's the turnout for this event? And is there an enterance fee? I'm thinking of going

6. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    There is an entrance fee (and included lunch) if you are showing. I don't think there is any fee for observing, but I'm not positive since I've only been there an entrant. This link has the registration form with some more info:

FCA Penn-Jersey Garden State Fall Ferrari Festival - Empire State Region Ferrari Club

7. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Attending this year.

$75 fee for car and lunch.

8. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I attended last year, and I'll be there tomorrow as well.

9. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    I'll be there tomorrow taking some pictures, does anyone know if there is a spectators fee?

10. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I don't believe there is a fee for spectators. Only if you are displaying your car and staying for the lunch.

11. izaacbrook

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
  12. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Thank you to David North and all who volunteered for this event, it was FANTASTIC!

13. amg55

amg55 Karting

Mar 12, 2013
    a great event today and alot of nice cars :)

14. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Awesome event! Some amazing cars and great people at these.

15. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It was a great show and really nice to meet everyone. Nice photos Izaak.

16. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    This was my first Concours and I really enjoyed it. I attended with my son. We had a beautiful drive up and back, learned a lot, saw some old friends, met some new ones and just had a great time. Thanks to David North, and all who put it on.

PeterP - Congratulations on best of show! Your car was gorgeous.

17. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    It was a good time, and I'm glad that I made the drive up :)

18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    John -- it was Great to meet you and your son yesterday. Congrats on the judges choice award for your beautiful 330 GTC and your boxer is nothing less than stunning in that metallic blue.

Thanks to Dave North for hosting this great show. I missed seeing Dave's daily driver 400i, but his 275 GTS on display was amazing (having just completed a multi-year restoration at Classic Coach).

19. Richelieu Ferrari

BANNED

Apr 3, 2009
    I was away for the weekend so I missed this event. However, after what I just heard, I could care less. I called a friend of mine last night to see if he went to this show. He told me how he drove out there in his 2013 Bentley GT to find that the place looked like it was closed off by guards as if it was the White House. He said there were two old women standing at the base of the driveway along with a rude cop, telling him to park his car down the hill in some empty office building parking lot with the rest of the "Normal" cars. They also said it cost $20 just to walk in. He asked if the money was going to a good cause, such as helping kids, ect but nobody could, or would give him an answer. After being 'turned off" at that point, he tried to make a turn around at the base of the driveway when the copper said, "hey, your tire is now on our driveway".... Ahhhh, What?? Your crew should be a little nicer to people if you want their money, not pushing them away because they did not bring a Ferrari. "Nice event" with even "nicer people" at the gate. Unreal.

20. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Same thing happened to me last year. The F car had been sold about three months prior to the event, but I went anyway to see all of the guys and hang out. Also drove a "normal" car there and was told I had to pay $40 (two people)

I didn't get a wristband or any type of receipt that said I had paid. Not sure where the money went, but I can assume.....

To make it seem like I just burned the $40, the parking lot where I did end up parking simply led to a staircase that I walked up and nobody would have known any different had I not paid.

21. Richelieu Ferrari

BANNED

Apr 3, 2009
    Wow, I believe it. I just spoke to another friend who drove out there in his Lotus Esprit only to be treated in the same way at the gate, "Offical Road Block" I should say from that same silly old lady and that "rude" well, he said some other words, cop, acting like he was guarding the President. Pittyful. Just another note here, did anyone really see anything worth while for your $20 or your $75 if you felt like paying just to park your car there, that could not be seen at one of the many Cars and Coffee meets which are free? I don't think so. Thumbs down for the snobs and this place in general.