Off Topic | FerrariChat

Off Topic

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by racer959, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    For those of you that have optimum TV in NJ. I haven't seen any kind of car racing anymore, like the Rolex series or F1 racing. What happened to channel 69? Am I missing something here?

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    SPEED Channel? I remember that being channel 69 at a friend's place. That's now FOX Sports One - it's been about a year or so since the switch. The channel still broadcasts some of the big races.

3. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    F1 and many other types of racing used to be on 769, Speedvision. That channel became Fox Sports Network and most of the racing left. NBC Sports picked up most of F1, it is channel 719. Some of the bigger F1 races are on NBC, 704. This summer that long French bike race preempted F1 so all the F1 races, etc. were on CNBC, 724. Once the F1 summer break is over, tune into 719.

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    NBC Sports Network televises Formula 1 but often shifts it over to CNBC when there is something more interesting (!) on like 90 minute World Soccer Cup matches with no scoring or two week long bicycle rides through France.

We're coming up to the end of the 3 week summer "vacation" period in Formula 1 with the next race on August 24 for the Belgian Grand Prix.

5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sometimes races are on ESPN as well.

146 is special NBC sports channel that carries stuff - sometimes.
    727 - VelocityHD carries things occasionally too.

You gots to hunt around a lot.

I haven't found any Rolex coverage this year. Sucks, but then Cablevision sucks and it's all I can get. I don't even have fiber on my street. I can't do satelitte where I live.