Ralph Lauren's DAD garage I think in Connecticut | FerrariChat

Ralph Lauren's DAD garage I think in Connecticut

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by bitzman, Sep 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    #1 bitzman, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    There is a nice story in Vanity Fair, from 2011, telling of the special garage the clothing magnate had built for his car collection, after some wrassling with city fathers over zoning, etc. .

A Vroom of His Own | Vanity Fair

What I'd like to know is, from those who have visited it, does it have lots of artwork on the walls like his Men's Clothing HQ store in NYC, the one in the old Rhinelander mansion? That store-- which I just went to last week --has lots of oil paintings of thoroughbred horses but only black and white photos of sports cars (I wrote them to tell them I think they should have color paintings of cars as well). They do have very nice scale models, I saw a swb 250GT in a plastic case but was scared to ask the price after asking for a shirt price that was $355 or more. The swb250GT model appeared to be about 16" long. Anyway like to hear about the DAD garage (named after the initials of his three offspring) and whether it is decorated like the store and if any magazine has pictures of it.
    Also is there a list on FChat of the Ferraris he owns? I only know
    of his:

250LM
    250GTO
    Testa Rossa

as if that weren't enough. By the way some years ago there was ag reat publicity photo of him driving the TR on the street, wearing leather jacket and baseball hat as if it was just any old gadabout car...

2. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    That was great story and a dream "garage". I want one but it is in, I believe, Bedford, NY in Westchester County. The show at the Louvre after Boston was spectacular too.