Cars and Caffe's "Fall Cruise 2014" - Sunday, October 26th | FerrariChat

Cars and Caffe's "Fall Cruise 2014" - Sunday, October 26th

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by tboniello, Oct 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #1 tboniello, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone,

To celebrate the fall driving season, I wanted to host a different sort of event than the regular C&C events we do, so I am announcing our first-ever "Fall Cruise" event. This event will take place on Sunday, October 26th beginning with a casual breakfast at 7:30 AM at a restaurant in Bergen County. We will prepare to begin the drive at 8:30 AM and set out on some of the finest and most scenic back roads in the region for approximately 90 minutes before our first stop for photo opportunities. We will continue the drive with a stop for gas built-in and conclude with a nice brunch.

Any F-chatter interested in joining this event can reach me via PM or e-mail ([email protected]) and I will send you further details, including meeting location for breakfast, route, brunch info, etc.

The cost to participate is $60 per car ($90 for two people in one car), which includes brunch and a commemorative t-shirt for the event.

I am greatly looking forward to this event and I hope many of you are able to make it!

Thanks,
    Tony Boniello
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    RSVPs are coming in for the drive; if you are interested in joining us, you still have time to let me know.

We are also meeting this Sunday morning (10/19) at the Ridgewood High School.

9:30 AM - 12:00 Noon

627 East Ridgewood Ave
    Ridgewood, NJ

Of course, this is a residential neighborhood, so not rev your engines or attempt anything else that is otherwise disruptive to residents.

You can RSVP for the drive on the 26th at Sunday's C&C.

3. Richelieu Ferrari

BANNED

Apr 3, 2009
    $60 just to drive a car in your parade plus another $30 if we bring a passenger and all we get is a t shirt and a lunch? Is this money going to a good charity?

4. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    To be honest, I've been on a lot of runs that have been more expensive. What I am 'charging' is to cover my costs, not to make a profit. Sorry if you do not see it that way.

Best,
    Tony

5. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K

I AGREE..what happaned to driving with a crew for pleasure. Everyone is trying to run a business out of this...don't follow the route of amg north america. I remember when i was a member of the DFC we used to drive for pleasure with like minded individuals....without any unnecessary costs unless we were eating...which we got to choose if we do or not.

6. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #6 tboniello, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

I agree as well; C&C is not a business for me. If this event comes off as me implying that, I apologize. I have never charged anyone to attend any of my events in which there are no costs for me personally to organize.

With that said, I think having a nice brunch at the conclusion of this drive will be an enjoyable way to finish this event.

If anyone wishes to participate in this event and has any concerns, please reach out to me via PM.

7. wjg1912

wjg1912 Rookie

Feb 4, 2006
    I have been with Tony from day one with respect to these events. I remember the first "meet" we had at RHS about three years ago when only five or six cars showed up. He has been the driving force behind these events and deserves all the credit for making it the success it is today. This past weekend at RHS was proof of his success. He is the definition of what a "car guy" is all about. To the best of my knowledge, his events are the only organized C and C events in Bergen county, and for that I truly thank him. Tony, keep up the great job, it's been a hell of a ride so far, congratulations.

8. Richelieu Ferrari

BANNED

Apr 3, 2009
    Did you get paid as well to say this? Say, what if it's raining that day and only 4 cars come out? What happens to all the money of anyone who is foolish enough to pay before the event?

9. wjg1912

wjg1912 Rookie

Feb 4, 2006
    Sorry you feel this way. Easy solution, don't attend that event and find another C and C.

10. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    I've never seen someone so hung up on a $60 participation fee that includes lunch...
    Give the guy a break. He puts on great events without ever trying to profit from them.
    Nobody is forcing you to go or opening up your tight wallet without your permission...

The $60 that seems like over kill to you....
    May seem more than fair to the many others willing to spend that for a quality event and some lunch.

11. NJFerrariFan

NJFerrariFan Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    Tri-State Area
    Full Name:
    A1 Exotics
    Tony puts on great events and it's amazing to see how far he has come from the high school parking lot days. These costs are strictly to cover T-Shirt production which can be ($15+ / each) and Breakfast / Brunch costs which I am guessing could exceed ($60/70 per). If you don't plan on attending there is no reason to attack someone who is trying to improve the car community. With over 60 cars registered I'm sure no one will be missing your attendance….

12. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I also think that Tony does a great job organizing cool car meets at fun locations and keeps everyone well informed. On top of it - he is a personable guy which makes the events pretty fun and keeps everyone talking ... no matter what car they drive.

What is the difference between this cruise and an event charging you $60 or sometimes much more to "display" your car? Both are fun and include lunch.

My 2 cents.

13. amg55

amg55 Karting

Mar 12, 2013
    Me and my friend want to come for the ride but not lunch is it free then? We can bring two late model Ferraris we live in by the border and could shoot over.

14. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    #14 mdwfa2001, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    Exactly my point.. I just dont see why some people are trying to profit from a gathering of enthusiasts. Nothing was said about tony not being a good guy, he does organize good events.

Peteyp: In defense of Richiliu..I'm sure anyone driving a ferrari is not tight for $60. Its a matter of principal. Successful people don't look at the price they look at the value. So I understand why Richiliu is making a big deal

NJferrarifan. basic cotton T shirts do not cost even close to $15 to produce. maybe a couple bucks at best. The retail price might be $15, wholesaled to retailers for about $7-8...The actual production cost is usually 50% of that. I have alot of friends in the garment business. Also i wasn't attacking anybody, I'm just voicing my opinion just like you are, and I'm sure others feel that way but aren't speaking up. If anything I don't see why you are attacking me. I'm sure I've seen you around at the bergen county drives, theres no reason to take this personally.

15. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I agree...

16. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks to Tony again for putting together a great event......even if he was lost most of the day.....lol. In all seriousness though, it was a great route and a really nice restaraunt at the end for brunch. Everybody seemed to have a great time except for the guy trying to drive his M6......oops.

17. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    Does anyone know what happened with that guy?

18. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
  19. NJFerrariFan

NJFerrariFan Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    Tri-State Area
    Full Name:
    A1 Exotics
    Great time yesterday! Hope all kinks will be worked out for Spring cruise!