BEWARE - Two Nasty Belt Parkway Ramp Speed Cameras | FerrariChat

BEWARE - Two Nasty Belt Parkway Ramp Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Attitude928, Nov 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #1 Attitude928, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Omg...enough already with these cameras. Vote out anybody that supported any of these cash grabbing devices.

3. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah - Don't forget to watch out for all the pedestrians on these ramps. The program is to save lives! Right?

4. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Googled it. The bill had to do with schools but the DOT says they came move them around. Lincoln High School is near one of the ramps, but there is no school on the Verrazano Ramp.
    Looks like no one from NYC voted against it. Can anyone shed more light? Was there more than one bill?

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ridiculous. I'm so fed up with these cameras. I run 6-7 trucks all day long and they are driven by very responsible guys that have totally clean licenses and yet I'm getting tickets weekly for 1-5 miles per hour over at these hidden speed traps. It's insane already.

6. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
  7. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #7 Attitude928, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    George Orwell's "1984" anyone? Big Brother is finally here.

9. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I know the area well - Lincoln High School is near the ramp, but the entrance is on Ocean, not the exit ramp. Not to mention there is a light there, and you are lucky if it's green when you cross onto Ocean. If memory serves, the playground runs along the exit ramp, but there is fence all around.

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure there's much pedestrian traffic along the exit ramp. They cross at the light on Ocean, no doubt, but that's why there's a traffic light there.

Seems like overkill. On another note, my father graduated from Lincoln High School, class of 1959.

10. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    The Belt Pkwy-Verrazano Ramp has 20mph limits in both sharp curves at either end of the long ramp in both directions. The long uphill straightaway as you enter the bridge from the Belt is posted at 35mph. Of interest, there is no posted speed limit on the long downhill straightaway going from the bridge to the Belt. The latter area is where they put the camera. I would not be surprised if the Devils Of Transportation set the camera at 20mph.

The DOT is breaking the law with the Verrazano-Belt ramp speed camera (just like they did on Burbank Avenue in Staten Island) since there is no school on or near that ramp. The closest one is at 415 89th Street.

I wonder how much money they made from motorists on their way to a Thanksgiving meal today.

11. Iadvise

Iadvise Karting

Mar 5, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting!

12. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Breaking the law LOL. :D Yah sure ... :rolleyes:

Take an excursion into P&R and we'll show show REAL doozies on that topic.

How about using those license plate blurring covers?

Has anyone tried those?

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Man, I read stuff like this, and it makes me glad I moved from NYC 25+ years ago. There ain't enough cannoli & knishes to make me want to move back. Predatory government @ its finest...T