Tragic accident in Stony Brook | FerrariChat

Tragic accident in Stony Brook

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by djs308, Dec 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Just wanted to pass along my condolences to the family and friends of Jeremy, aka “Triumphguy69”, here on Fchat, who lived in Ronkonkoma. I keep hoping there was some misunderstanding on my part, but based on the following article posted on newsday.com, there was a tragic accident the other night that took his life.

According to the article, Jeremy had begun unloading a collector car off a trailer in Stony Brook when the car started to roll down the incline and pinned him.

Very very sad.

Link to the article:

Jeremy Van Bemmelen of Ronkonkoma dies while unloading car, officials say - Newsday

2. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I did not know Jeremy or his family, and never had a chance to meet him. Where it hits home for me is that I was PM’d by him just the other day, when he introduced himself to me. He was very eager to meet up with our L.I.F.E. group that’s been meeting Sunday’s in Plainview (LI Bagels and Coffee thread).

We traded brief correspondences. He sent me a second PM the morning of the accident, (which happened Wednesday night.) In just those two messages, I got the feeling like he was a very caring and devoted guy, who loved his family, friends and cars. He was very excited to mention that he was expecting the arrival of his second daughter in just a few weeks. Lately, he had been working at Autosport Designs doing restoration work. A very skilled and multi-talented individual, apparently. Just feeling very empty right now.

3. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    very sad situation. i read the article, googled his name and came up with something relating to Autosport.

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to hear that even though I didn't know him. What a shame and condolences to his family and friends.

I remember that Charlie Gibson of Sasco Motorsports, a well known vintage racing tire supplier and active racer himself, died in a similar accident several years ago.

5. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  6. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Terrible accident. Condolences to the family and autosport crew.

7. pino40

pino40 Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe or Pino or JP
    Very sad news.
    My condolences to the Family and the Family at Autosport

8. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Very sad. My condolences to his family and friends.

10. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    #10 djs308, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    According to the Autosport Designs Facebook posting:

Update on Services for Jeremy......

Sunday December 7th: Funeral will be held at Mount Golda Cemetery, 12:30pm EST, 500 Old Country Road, Huntington Station, NY.

11. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Very sad news.
    I never met him or corresponded with him but felt compelled to donate to the fund for his family.
    He is expecting a baby in 2 weeks.
    Very very sad.

12. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Hey guys,
    This is Jeremy"s friend Steve im April"s Brother i knew Jeremy very well and miss him dearly he was a great guy and a real down to earth person and a real old school soul. That was my house that every one was at there were over 200 people here that day on Saturday just before the funeral. I was so thankful and amazed at how many people that he knew especially in the automotive industry. Im sure Jeremy is thankful too looking down from above at how many people were here to pay their respects and honor him. Im just dealing with alot of Guilt and depression now because i wanted to spend more time with him as a friend and there"s so much i wanted to say to him. I wish i could of been there to stop this terrible tragedy from happening. I wish that darn enclosed car trailer that he unloaded wasn"t parked on a hill because if i was there i would of made sure it was parked on Level ground and i would of made sure that none of this would of ever happened!

13. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    #13 EuroSpec73, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Hello i was good friends With Jeremy and im just asking if you could please remove my personal home address that you have listed above along with the funeral times in Lake Grove Ny because me and my family are still grieving heavily from this. We appreciate any support as well to anyone who knew him he was a great guy and friend.

14. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Done,

Mike

15. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Thank you

16. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    I didn't know Jeremy, but my heartfelt condolences go out to his family. I felt compelled to contribute to the fund as I cannot help their sorrow in any other manner.
    God bless.

17. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Thanks alot John we all appreciate your help here and support. Our family is still Grieving from his Loss and i will truly miss him. He was like every ones best friend. My sister is hanging in there especially with her 3 year old daughter plus she is about to give birth to a second daughter any day now. All prayers for healing and strength are highly appreciated. God bless all of you guys here we all appreciate your help.

18. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Does any one know Jeremy Van Bemmelens Screen name on here?

19. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Very well said MS design every day is a blessing that we have and i thank God every day for it! Im Steve April is my Sister who Jeremy was together with .

20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What a horrible tragedy. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

21. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Thank you Lab man i highly appreciate it.

22. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Thanks Labman i appreciate your support

23. EuroSpec73

EuroSpec73 Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    Full Name:
    Steve K.
    Thank you for your Support Labman and yes it was a horrible tragedy were recovering day by day things take time to heal . Thank you again everybody for your support, Sympathy and Understanding and God Bless to all!