Audio work in Manhattan / NYC? | FerrariChat

Audio work in Manhattan / NYC?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by KennyH, Dec 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Hey guys,

Hoping that you might be able to point me in the right direction. The short; I'd like to hardwire an iPhone charging cord into my SUV and would like a recommendation or two for a shop in Manhattan (ideally) or NYC that can help. I have clear, concise directions on how to do it - but, as I'm timestrapped (and generally incapable of technical work), I'd like to turn to a pro.

More color: I use my iPhone for navigation as the navigation on my 2011 (W164) Mercedes ML550 is poor and pitiful. As such, I have to keep my iPhone plugged into the ashtray - and often hold my phone while driving (unsafe), and have a big, unsightly cord running through the center dash.

I've finally found a good mount (iOttie) that I'd like to use on the left hand side of the steering wheel - but, as the navigation app that I use is such a battery suck, I need to keep the phone plugged in at all times.

After a bit of research, I found this thread on MBWorld.org that details exactly what I'm looking for you guys to potentially do. The helpful posts are #10, 12, and 13. In a perfect world, I'd have the *exact* setup as the poster in #12.

Note that I've emailed Gus from Technik1 a couple of times and've just left a message on his answering machine as he did a good job installing Focal speakers into my 360. As I haven't heard back, I guess I have to turn elsewhere. Any recommendations?

Thank you, and, of course, Happy Holidays-

Kenny

2. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    (Quick update: Apparently I was shooting the email(s) to the wrong address. Gus from Technik1 just called back. Will likely use them as they were great last time.)

3. millemiglia01

millemiglia01 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2004
    the north shore li
    Full Name:
    amante
    Detailing Dynamics does all of my and Emils electronics. His work is always impeccable.