Need a recommendation for closed trailer auto delivery from AZ to NY? | FerrariChat

Need a recommendation for closed trailer auto delivery from AZ to NY?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 550v12SABI, Jan 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550v12SABI

550v12SABI Karting

Mar 29, 2012
    Long Island, N.Y US
    Full Name:
    Steve in NY
    Hi all, I Just bought a T bucket and wanted to have it delivered to NY in a. Enclosed traier. Any suggestions is very much appreciated.
    Steve in NY

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My suggestion is Plycar
    Call Nick

An individual 1 car trailer would cost 4 X more

3. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Shawn at Sixty Four Motor 908-229-7074

4. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
  5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Call any of the major carriers. There is a list on Hagerty's site. Probably a ton of trucks making that trip at the moment after all the auctions.

6. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    +1, had a great experience using the last summer.

7. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Sunday Transport moved mine and they were very reasonable

8. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  9. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    Another vote for Inter City Lines

10. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    another vote for Plycar

11. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Never an issue with plycar or intercity lines. Most of the plycar drivers are really nice guys and will give you a cell number to keep touch with them during the trip. The main thing you want is a low car count on the trailer so they are not moving your car around multiple times during the trip. Worst I've seen is a scratched up rim.

We deal with a shipping broker who subs the work to plycar but is able to get us a great price. Contact road runner auto transport 888-777-2123 and just ask that they use plycar.

I see allot of guys get upset that the car didn't show up on time. Most times the drivers just give you a time to humor you. It's impossible for them to give you an accurate eta when they are states away. It's hard enough making it on time any place in the tristate during work week traffic.

12. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Sixty Four is not a large truck shipper -- Its single or double enclosed so you car will never be moved around

13. 2006F430

2006F430 Karting

Dec 10, 2005
    Horseless Carriage

14. wrk2ownCT

wrk2ownCT Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Madison CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Horseless Carriage took my 355 from Georgia to Mass.. no issues

15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I just booked horseless carriage for a 355 I bought in California.. I also called intercity as they seem to have a great reputation as well. Horseless carriage said they do work for ferrari, and when I thought of it I have seen their trucks at several car shows over the years... They are also a local NJ business in that they are right on route 80 in the Paterson area.. I hope to have a great review of their work in the next couple of weeks when my car gets here!

16. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    ^^ Sounds like Andrew is back in the game again!
    Good to hear..

17. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #17 andrew911, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Dominic! I sold my 360 in the fall and was looking at a replacement toy car- namely a clean lower mileage 993 cabriolet. Well the asking prices for those things are in the neighborhood of a nice 355 spider, and my wife said for the money she liked the 355 better! (now of course the running costs are another story). I bought this car largely due to the fact that the prior owner recently completed an engine out including the valve guides....I did a PPI which showed another $6K of work that needed to be done. I then negotiated a fair price on the car and had the PPI mechanic do all the recommended work (the largest items being a rebuild of the steering box, and new CV joints) this way she's all sorted out. I only have the interior sticky bits to sort out in time...leather is all reportedly good, including the dash that was re-finished.

Unfortunately once it arrives it will sit in the garage until the salt is off the road.... Here's a picture after the PPI but before it was prepped for shipping to me (boot isn't on in the picture- they are shipping with the top up of course)!

On the original poster's topic, I'll post the results of the cross-country transportation!

It does feel great to be getting back in the club...I wasn't sure if I'd have another Ferrari any time soon or ever!! I love the air cooled 911s, but I guess I love the Ferraris a little bit more when push comes to shove and it's the same money :)
    -Andrew
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    By the way, it's been a few days.... Steve- did you ever set up the transportation?

19. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Congrats. Beautiful car.

I would recommend Jody Hocker - (806) 220-3039. He is a great professional.

2 car enclosed trailer. He is on his way to Cali now and will be heading back toward AZ soon...

Robb

20. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Thanks- you are of course biased towards yellow :)