LI Bagels and Cars 2015 !! The legend continues | FerrariChat

LI Bagels and Cars 2015 !! The legend continues

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by BassMan, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I know there is still snow on the ground but it is March and we can start being hopeful that this mess will end soon. Personally, I have had enough and can't wait to take the girl out for a spin.

That having been said we will be building on the success of our get togethers from last year. The first time we started with 4 and now we are consistently more than a dozen. It was so popular that other car clubs started coming to our gathering bringing another 20 - 30 cars.

In the spirit of trying to keep our meet up to Ferrrari Enthusiasts we will be shifting the location to Bagel Boss on South Oyster Bay Road in Plainview. As we get closer to a start date, keep an eye on this thread to get more details on the get together.

In the meantime, stay warm and think of all the great driving we will do this year.

2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just the sound of it makes me feel warmer.

3. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Mike,
    You're probably the last one that should complain about the cold.

4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #4 Labman, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was just about to post this Andy. You beat me to it. Bring on the Spring! This will go on each Sunday commencing April 12th weather permitting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I can't wait....
    Steve, is it only for Ferraris ?

6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

And Fiats! 😉

"I don't believe in reincarnation, I'm only going to live once. I paid for the car so I might as well use it".

7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Unless it's too windy out....

8. mullin

mullin Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    and Maseratis...

9. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Congrats on putting this together. We are excited to sponsor a great gathering!

10. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Can you post a link with directions to bagel shop?

11. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LMAO...sorry.

12. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Looking forward to seeing you Michael with one of your beautiful TR's.
    LIE exit 43A or Northern Parkway exit 36S (South Oyster Bay Rd) to the Woodbury Shopping Center. Look for Staples.

"I don't believe in reincarnation, I'm only going to live once. I paid for the car so I might as well use it".

13. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Thanks for the sponsorship Pete. Definitely look forward to seeing you at some of these! With a challenge car maybe??

14. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Steve,
    Thanks for arranging for the FCA tie in and sponsorship from Universal this should help get the word out and broaden our reach.

But everyone should know that you don't need to be an FCA member to attend the Sunday morning meets.

15. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

+1. I should have mentioned that. Open to all Ferrari enthusiasts. Fiats and Maseratis welcome :)

16. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I was actually just going to ask about that as my own membership is no longer current. It would be nice to see more F cars with an FCA tie in attending.

Aside from the venue itself, Does anything else change, now that this is becoming an officially sanctioned and sponsored event? Free bagels? I know, I know... that's usually what the Lambo owners ask for! LOL :)

17. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

David - Yes! Coffee and a bagel. Only way to get it is to show the staff at bagel boss an ID picture we will give you. This will last until the Universal Autosports. sponsorship runs out. Then at that point I have another sponsor waiting to take over. I'm working on getting other sponsors as well. So hopefully we will have free bagels and coffee for the duration of the meet. And if anyone else wants to sponsor or knows of a sponsor, please reach out to me.
    Now...as me being the LI chapter president, what do you mean your FCA membership expired?? That can't be! Go sign up. Lots of good things happening this year!

18. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We have to make sure David is always there with his camera. He is the official keeper of records.

19. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Mike,
    Thanks for the nomination - it will be an honor!

Steve,
    I knew you were going to ask me that question. This may be a bit of a tangent from the thread, so I'll keep it short. A while back (pre Fcar ownership), I decided to join the FCA, just to have some tangible sense of "belonging" to a Ferrari group. Publications were nice, but I didn't get the feeling like too much was going on in the way of local events. I try to attend the various annual car shows (i.e.: Americana) whenever possible, but FCA-specific events were lacking. So I let it go after the first year.

Clearly, things are different now. Glad to see you are on board for running FCA-Long Island. Already I'm seeing a lot more in the way of local events that you have been arranging. Definitely will revisit the idea of re-upping my membership.

20. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    #20 djs308, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

This is why I stepped up. Now we have three rallies all based out of LI. A sponsored weekly meet and a go karting event which is this coming Sunday. Would love to have you come to that!

22. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Those are great pictures from before we got overrun.

23. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ahh dreams of warmer days . . .

24. M360Dom

M360Dom Karting

Jul 21, 2009
    New York
    Looks like fun I'll pass through for a Bagle and some Ferrari.

25. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Bring your beagle and get a bagel.