Getting the itch | FerrariChat

Getting the itch

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dherman76, Mar 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    I don't know about you but I can't wait to hit the streets. Only problem right now is the insane amount of potholes in and around Westchester County, specifically around the River Towns and Scarsdale where I live. I don't mind a pothole here or there as I can maneuver around them (usually) but some of the roads look like minefields. Anyone else noticing this as well?

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony

You're not alone...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/new-york-tri-state-sponsored-bradan/479726-winter-hangs.html

3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I hit the street with the 430 on Monday and I couldn't wait to get home. I hadn't had the car out since December and just went out to gas up. Between dodging 9 million craters and some small puddles it made the drive to stressful. I'll wait.

4. phishgoldy

phishgoldy Karting

May 12, 2014
    NYC
    I have the itch bad. Horrible winter. I'm going to have to take the 430 out tomorrow afternoon, even if just to drive around the block a couple of times, but I'm nervous. I have a Q7 and even that just wants to curl up in the fetal position after driving on these roads. Good luck everyone!

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I took mine for a ride this morning. I chose a safe route and I kept both eyes on the road in front of me. I managed to avoid a lot of potholes but I will be honest. It was scary. I kept a long distance to the other cars in front of me so I can see the condition of the road and to give me time to react. I was happy that I got to drive my car again but it was stressful. Not a lot of fun.

6. NJFerrariFan

NJFerrariFan Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    Tri-State Area
    Full Name:
    A1 Exotics
    New Rochelle is preeeeeeetty bad. Craters, craters everywhere!

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I couldn't wait. Thurs & Fri rain washed away some of the salt so Saturday I went for a 40(ish) mile drive. It was nice. Right after the flat spots on the tires gave way :)

8. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Ive been driving my F430 on some of the warmer days but the potholes and lack of proper repairs on the roads around here are awful.