Car Care Specialties - amazing detail product advice in Lodi, NJ | FerrariChat

Car Care Specialties - amazing detail product advice in Lodi, NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by peterp, Apr 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    There is a small detailing product shop called Car Care Specialties whose primary business is mail order, but they maintain a small showroom in Lodi, NJ. The owner, Larry Reynolds, is an encyclopedia of detailing products. There a tons of detailers that know a lot about products, but Larry has worked directly with manufactures like Menzerna and others for years to help them design and refine their product lines and he personally tests products with a microscope to compare results.

I have no relationship with CCS and have actually only been there twice, but each visit I’ve learned (or filled in the blanks) more in a few minutes than in years of my own direct experience and in years of reading detailing advice online. Trust me, if you want to know the exact right product for a specific set of circumstances, or even just to learn a LOT more about products you have been using for years, it is worth stopping by their showroom. He is a Porsche guy (not a Ferrari guy) and he initially comes off as overly opinionated, but I’ve come to learn that his “opinions” are facts without exception. If you like to do your own detailing, I couldn’t more highly recommend stopping by to have a chat with Larry.

2. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I totally agree. I've been buying detailing products from Larry for a couple of years. He knows his stuff and his products are high quality.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I shop there as well. Larry is a sharp fellow knowing his products.
    I also like the ceiling fan in his office.

4. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Didn't notice it -- I'll have to check out the fan next time I'm there.

5. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Know Larry about 30 years. His white papers on detailing are exceptional. Never been to his showroom, but been buying products for him for many, many years.