NYS Inspection.. Any Recommendations? | FerrariChat

NYS Inspection.. Any Recommendations?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by C Alexander, May 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    Aside from WW in Spring Valley, any solid recommendations out there around the same area?

I know there are a bunch of great shops out in NJ and a few out in LI as well but I can't seem to find anything good out in Rockland or Westhester other than the typical franchise repair shops or gas stations...

2. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Before you go anywhere use an app or obd2 scantool to make sure your car is emissions test ready and all monitors are on. These cars are a bit finicky to emissions test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    Hmm, good point. Although, I don't remember having the power cut off since the last time it was inspected last year.. Will check though.

4. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    No recommendations out there? I can't be the only one needing a state inspection in the area..

5. LmnsBlu355

LmnsBlu355 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jordan S.
    I've taken my 355 and GT3 to the local Midas on Rt 59 in airmont (Suffern). They plug in their computer, do a walk around and done. I just drive in and they do it with me standing there. Why bother with anything else??

Reminds me, I have to get both done this weekend. ;)

6. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll look out for you. I'll be literally 1/2 mile down the road at Tallman Auto on 59 getting my inspection done this weekend.

7. LmnsBlu355

LmnsBlu355 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jordan S.
    Went to Tallman tire on 59 yesterday. In and out, no waiting. Give them a try.

8. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    I might just do that. Thanks for the tip!

9. Angioman

Angioman Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    I am in Upstate NY and I took my car to the local Toyot/Lexus Dealership. They took care of it for me.