NYC/Manhattan guys - parking? | FerrariChat

NYC/Manhattan guys - parking?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by hhseouljah, May 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hhseouljah

hhseouljah Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    Hi, for those of you in the city with exotics, do you park in the city or have your cars garaged outside of the city? What's the best way to park these without getting hosed by the garages. Thx.

2. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    I parked in my building garage. Let ark myself on main floor. 55th and 6th.

Nice guys

3. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    I park my primary car in Manhattan at 53rd and york for $400/mo. My other car is a porsche 928 parked in Harrisburg PA for $160/mo. Pain to get the 928 into Manhattan for the summer but best price/strategy I could find.

4. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Three words!
    underground parking garage

5. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    In some Manhattan garages you can get Park and Lock (assigned spot) for and extra $100 over the $400 per month the parking costs. Works best at just opening garages that are not full yet. A semi private spot can be had at a premium of $50 per month. Non of this is including the getting in and out tips for the garage. Which in our case is adding up to another $70 per month.

Sometimes we'll end up with more cars from upstate in the city, and those are $50 per 25h. That adds up...

6. phishgoldy

phishgoldy Karting

May 12, 2014
    NYC
    I'd love a good summer solution or part time parking solution in the city. I had a fantastic garage when I had an S4 on 36th and Park Ave, but they don't accept exotics (many don't as company policy as their insurance won't allow it). I currently keep my 458 at Deluxe Car Storage in New Hyde Park on Long Island. It's a stellar facility, but living in NYC and keeping your Ferrari in Nassau County is like keeping a super model in your bed and your pen*s in Ohio. Kind of frustrating...

7. EricJF

EricJF Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Friedman
    Hi all...I'm expecting my first Ferrari (triple-black '88 TR) to arrive next weekend.

I see this conversation thread trickled off back in June...and I'm just wondering if anyone might have updated information on a safe parking facility closer to Manhattan than Deluxe Car Storage in New Hyde Park - where I'm currently planning to park.

I did hear from Classic Car Club of Manhattan that they're going to offer storage here in 2016. But I'm surprised there aren't more exotic/classic car storage places in the 5 boroughs.

Even a normal underground garage where they offer a few spacious parking spots for premium customers would be great to hear about (if they're not jealously guarded secrets!).

Thanks,
    Eric

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    A lot of garages in the Mid-town (and all over Manhattan in general) offer parking for exotics. You get your own space and a trickle charger connection point. The price is steep around 600-800+ but if you are willing to pay then it can be done. Just walk down to the closest Parking Garage and talk to the manager.

9. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    How about short term parking. I took my F car to the city for the first time and I was denied parking everywhere. Even in my own apt building!

They have signs saying no Ferraris, Lambos, etc

I keep the car on LI but was hoping to bring it in on weekends.

I live on UES but I was also denied downtown near Astor place, even at a practically empty outdoor lot.

I had to park on the street!

10. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I've never had a problem parking exotics at this garage on Bleecker in between LaGuardia and Mercer Street. They tell you to park it yourself. No idea what the monthly would be.

Uptown you can rest assured your car will be in good company under the Mandarin Oriental. Plenty of high-dollar hardware. Usually a variety of all-new Rolls-Royces, Bentleys, a F car or two, a Lamborghini or two, SLS AMG, McLarens, etc., etc. No idea on the monthly there but considering it is prime real estate expect to pay. Last time I was there cars were on trickle chargers.

11. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    The parking garage at The Carlyle Hotel (76 and Mad) will accept F-Cars

12. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but how do you enjoy driving an exotic in Manhattan? I will never understand that.

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

You're missing the point- it's all about having the freedom to get OUT of Manhattan.

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Take it to get an oil change or something then tell them you can't pick up the car till tomorrow. The dealer will usually look out for you and hold the car if it's only one day.