Go Karting during F1 Montreal | FerrariChat

Go Karting during F1 Montreal

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dwhite, May 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

If anone is interested in going go karting at the Montreal GP let me know. We've been getting a group together for many years we need 12 people to get exclusive use of track. We have 6 people in my group and usually do it Friday evening. Please let me know if you are interested. Anyone from anywhere is welcome.

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    What time on Friday?

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Around 6ish.

4. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I'm interested. How much pp and how many laps?

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    George, I'm interested too but it will be tight time wise. We all have dinner reservations at 8pm. I don't think we can make it.

6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If those who want to kart with us are up on Thursday that is a possibility too. We usually get there for the last session of the day and beg, tip, etc, to have them open up the full track for us. They do every year. Figure around $80 for ten minute practice, ten minute quali and fifteen minute race. Its a world class facility a half hour outside Montreal and the karts are faster than we are...;)

7. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I'll be there with our group Friday mid day. It's a great facility, the karts are fast and well maintained, we've been going for years.

8. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Whats is the name of the this go kart place?

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Its called SH Karting. They had 9hp Karts that flew! One five lap quali session and two 12 lap races for $70. It is an outdoor track. Best lap was a 1:03 and the track is at least a quarter mile long. We brought our own helmets so didn't have to do the "hair net and someone else's sweaty helmet routine". Had to wait a half hour until the pro shifter karts had a session. They have a regional event there this weekend so there were a lot of "hot shoes" setting up and doing practice laps. The shifter karts are awesome. It was time well spent - observing how they braked for the hairpin - slowest and most challenging spot on the track. There are at least three places where you can't just lift and have to do some braking. This place is great. The kid running the session said "okay, are you ready to hear the rules?" "yeah..." "Okay; no contact with the other karts." And then he smirked. Great night. If I can figure out how to post up the GoPros I will send a link. We had plenty of time to get back to town for dinner at Rubens at 10:00.

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

yes, it was a great time and I believe we did more than 12 laps as they just are not as strict as they would be in NY. Couple spins and a few near misses, but no damage.

11. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It just occurred to me that was $70 Canadian! Such a deal!

12. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I went with my group on Friday but never got a chance to drive the karts as it started to rain during our practice race which I let my friend drive. Oh well maybe next year. This place was at an old airport.