Kudos to TouchofGlass Detailing/Anthony Federico | FerrariChat

Kudos to TouchofGlass Detailing/Anthony Federico

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Entropy, Jun 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    #1 Entropy, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We frequently see requests in this section for recommendations for high-end detailing, paint correction, X-pel installation..

While there are a lot of experts around the NY-NJ-CT area (and many more not-so-experts), Anthony Federico's name comes up often (as part of P1 Motorcars in Stamford and TouchofGlass Detail).

We have been having Anthony do our cars for 4 years now, and while he's always been a total pro and a great customer service-centric car guy, he has really raised his game and today must be among the very best in the country (yes, I recognize what I'm saying). We literally have our dealers do the PDI (no detailing) and the cars go right to Anthony.....

He just finished correcting and finishing our new FF (shall we talk about factory paint?) and also just did a super job on our 99 F355...plus he uses Modesta coatings, which allows people like us to easily keep the cars looking flawless.

Have attached a few "after" pics; the "before" you can picture with the usual swirls, wet-sanding marks and other paint issues....good to know things haven't changed between 1999 and 2015 on Ferrari paint.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and he is a super nice guy too

3. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    Be careful with the coatings if not washed correct it will easily scratch - foam cannons and/or guns are HIGHLY recommended when washing

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you clarify? spray guns are recommended? ive never heard anything of the sort when it comes to washing a car. are you being sarcastic?

5. workaholic

workaholic Rookie

May 14, 2010
    MTM hydro make a quality one for a pressure washer. I use this one all the time with dawn as a pre-soak to help loosen all the dirt so you don't mar the paint.

here's a quick video to exactly what it does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECo3cWRCOZQ

6. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Definitely agree with foam pre-soak, but Dawn is too harsh for regular use. Some use Dawn to strip wax before a complete refinishing, but not for regular cleanup. Dawn works too well and can pull the oil out of the paint IMO. Whether Dawn is harmful can be debated, I suppose, but regular car soap works fine for presoaking so it's not worth the risk (and not necessary) to use something stronger IMO.