New owner question | FerrariChat

New owner question

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by photi, Jul 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just bought an '03 360 spider. I haven't owned an exotic car for quite some time and certainly nothing as awesome as this. Can anyone recommend an independent mechanic on Long Island or NYC.

2. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Congrats on the new purchase, enjoy it in good health. I would post this question in the NY section, or the 360 section as you will get better answers (this is the for sale/AD section). You can either ask a mod to move it, or just re post in those sections. Best!

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat, as mentioned above better response in those two sections ... NY section/360 section?
    Being new on F chat can be very confusing, but worth it so enjoy.

4. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks will repost

5. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    didnt have to . looks like the moderator took care of it for me. Does anyone wish to recommend a local mechanic

6. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    For major repairs, I use Ferrari Long Island. Richard Adams takes good care of my cars. For all maintenance and minor repairs, I use Elite Motorsports in Farmingdale. Kai and Sal really know their exotics and are super easy to work with and priced right. I needed the AC compressor replaced in my Gallardo a few weeks ago, and wanted the car back so I could use it for the weekend. They dropped whatever else they had going on and took my car in on a Wednesday, and I had it back on Friday. Cannot stress how great it is having them on the island. For big stuff on my 430 (most recently the variators), I do use the dealer though. Just because their tech, Jimmy, is a real F-car nut and knows all the little secrets and quirks on these cars.

7. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I will probably do a timing belt service this year. Would you recommend Elite for that kind of service or am I better off with FLI

8. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    I am a fan of FLI, They have done great work on my cars and have what they call vintage service pricing for belt change majors. Very fair and an authorized dealer to boot.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Congratulations on your new toy.bcome out and meet us at bagels and coffee on Sunday mornings.

10. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I'd call Pete Spinella at Universal Autosports. Their techs Luigi and Joe are former FoLI and are excellent at service/repair of cars like yours, plus they are stand-up guys. Very no-BS and good people.

11. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    That seems to be a fairly commodity type of service, although I'm not familiar whether the 360 is engine out for belts. Having said that, I believe that the independents mentioned here so far can handle that type of work, so call around for prices and make your decision then.

Congratulations on your new acquisition and have many happy miles and smiles with it!

12. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    If you're looking at independents, Bradan is excellent.

13. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    +1 Particularly for the 360 which does not require an SD3 (or whatever the newer models do).

14. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What is that?

15. smin9870

smin9870 Karting

Mar 6, 2011
    CT
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bradan! Used to go to the dealer, but Dan and Dan at Bradan blow them away for service. if you go to their link on this page you'll see the last 4 years of service they've done on my 360.

16. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    360 model needs the sd2 for diagnosis. A must have if you are servicing the car.

Regards, Jim

17. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Steve, it was good meeting you this week at our Bagels and Ferraris meet.

I have have my car serviced at Universal Autosports for the past 6 years and they do good work. Luigi is Ferrari Factory trained and knows his stuff. They've done 2 majors on my car plus other maintenance and repairs.