Moving a lift in NJ | FerrariChat

Moving a lift in NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by drbob101, Jul 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    I am moving and want to move my 4 post lift to our new place. It is only 5 miles from one location to another.

ANy contacts or leads for someone who would do this in central NJ would be appreciated.

Bob

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Can you load and unload on flat bed ? I have flat bed

3. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Thank you for the offer. I did install the lift but with everything involved in making a whole house move and working, etc. I am willing to pay someone to take it down and put it up for me this time.

I have found two guys that will do it, one wants $1500 the other $1400. I have one more lead coming in tomorrow and will decide. If anyone out there can do this and wants to do it and get paid for it, let me know.

Thank you

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Does you lift have the casters that make it portable?

When I moved mine I used the casters to get onto a flatbed tow fully assembled and that worked just great. I towed it about 40 miles with it well strapped to the flatbed.

5. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    The posts have to come down to get it out of the garage and put it in the new garage so it needs to be dismantled unfortunately.